Coca-Cola 1 Gallon Syrup Jug Caps?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey there!

I just got back from hiking around and exploring some new areas, and came across a big 1950s-60s rubble dump. Loaded with scrap metal; got 4 pounds of copper that wasn't frozen in, and there is tons left to extract come the thaw. Also found a new crescent wrench and needle-nose pliers someone must have lost recently.

Anyway, in a section of the dump I saw some aluminum caps showing, and upon closer investigation it became clear that there were many dozens of Coca Cola jug caps scattered around the surface, and some exposed but frozen sections showed layers of them stacked on top of each-other. I also saw some 7-up jug caps, but being made of steel they were all shot. Plenty of the busted jugs were there too.

I quickly filled a pocket with ones that looked good (19 of them) and could probably go back and get a few hundred if so inclined.

They look like this:
1831210_2_l.jpg

So, is there a value/market for these?

CreekWalker

Reaction score
The caps would complete the jug , for sure! The jugs in that date range from $12 to $25, depends on the label, and if it has a cap.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Alrighty, thanks! Figure I'll test the water and throw a lot on eBay sometime. Hopefully a number of people have dozens of pristine labeled jugs all missing caps, heh. Realistically I'd guess they are worth .25 or .50 each, certainly not much but a few hundred of them would add up.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky