Codd's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

goaliewb

Reaction score
ive been seeing a few Codd bottles lately.
are they worth $10? (think one was German and one said Columbo). (didnt see any defects).
Do you need to watch for something on them?
Never bought one but someone offered me 2 for $20, and it was only bottles he had in his booth, so dont think he knows anything about them.
thanks! JEff

nhpharm

Reaction score
For the most part, the Codd's that are found in the US and Canada are super common UNLESS they are for a US or Canadian bottler. If they are Continental or English, probably not worth buying. If they are from the US or Canada, they could be good.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
"Worth" is kind of a nebulous term here, foreign bottles generally aren't super collectible here so it's more about how much you want them. I think $10 is about the going rate for UK Codds, never came across a German one before. If they're from somewhere other than Europe (and not those modern Indian Codds) that generally makes them worth a bit more I think. Your Colombo one is probably from Sri Lanka, so that would make it more interesting to me anyway since you don't come across Asian Codd bottles here often. If any part of it is a colour other than aqua that makes them worth a bit more as well. Interesting embossing also helps. Unembossed Codd bottles are usually from India and not antiques, they still use them there.

If you ever come across a Canadian Codd bottle, buy it immediately if it's a good price. They're all hard to find and range from quite valuable to extremely valuable.

RCO

Reaction score
i've never really collected Codd bottles and don't currently have any , really not sure what UK ones would go for but likely not a lot

I'd agree any Canadian ones would be hard to find and worth picking up , not sure what American ones exist but they'd also likely be collectable

hemihampton

Reaction score
Not to many CODDS from the U.S.A. I got one from Pennsylvania & seen them from New York, Rhode Island, ect, ect, mostly from the east but not easy to find. LEON.

nhpharm

Reaction score
US Codd's are tough to find. Dug this one about a month ago...Galveston, Texas. I've seen these Galveston ones sell for upwards of $1000.

Attachments

• codd.jpg
    codd.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 312

goaliewb

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the input!
maybe ill offer him $10 for both! lol

and nice find nhpharm! wish i could find something other than 50's or 60's bottles at my sites!

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora