Coincidence....or Destiny?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
(thanks! I found it interesting)
Yeah, google Pluto Water image....

I thought Pluto was Greek Mythology....

Ill have to bone up....
but that be the devil.....
Bone up man! Hilarious buddy.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

relic rescuer

Reaction score
Could we see the bottom of that Pluto bottle?
I found a broken bottom of one of these (ive never seen one but looked it up)
Its got an embossed image of the devil himself on it does it not?
That is all I have too, is the bottom. Devil? Looks more like an Alien to me, and hence the name Pluto?

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Pluto (Latin: Plūtō; Greek: Πλούτων, Ploútōn) is the ruler of the underworld in classical mythology. The Greek name for the god was Hades, which became more common as the name of the underworld itself. In ancient Greek religion and mythology, Pluto represents a more positive concept of the god who presides over the afterlife. Ploutōn was frequently conflated with Ploutos, the Greek god of wealth, because mineral wealth was found underground, and because as a chthonic god Pluto ruled the deep earth that contained the seeds necessary for a bountiful harvest.[3] The name Ploutōn came into widespread usage with the Eleusinian Mysteries, in which Pluto was venerated as both a stern ruler and a loving husband to Persephone. The couple received souls in the afterlife and are invoked together as Plouton and Kore in religious inscriptions.

Ploutos with the horn of abundance, in the company of Dionysos (4th century BC)
Pluto and Hades are the same figure. In Greek cosmogony, the god received the rule of the underworld in a three-way division of sovereignty over the world, with his brother Zeus ruling the sky and his other brother Poseidon sovereign over the sea. His central narrative in myth is of him abducting Persephone to be his wife and the queen of his realm.[4] Plouton as the name of the ruler of the underworld first appears in Greek literature of the Classical period, in the works of the Athenian playwrights and of the philosopher Plato, who is the major Greek source on its significance. Under the name Pluto, the god appears in other myths in a secondary role, mostly as the possessor of a quest-object, and especially in the descent of Orpheus or other heroes to the underworld.[

From wikipedia ...... too much?
~Fred:p ^^^^^^^^^^^^^Great hotel key fob find Dewey!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado