Coke Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MM43

Reaction score
This is a clear Coke bottle I bought new in the 70's or 80's. I've never seen one before or since so I kept it. The inside of bottle cap says: Muster and Parade of Ancient Fife and Drum Corps Connecticut 7. Outside of cap says: Bottled by WUM__ __ __O (scratch where missing letters are). Roanoke, VA. Alcoa. Pat No 280127(3 or 8). Bottom of bottle says: Not To Be Refilled, 7(3 or 9), 19 51 (5 or 6) 04 -

Coke Bottle Side.JPG

Coke Bottle Bottom.JPGCoke Bottle Outside Cap.JPGCoke Bottle Inside Cap.JPG

Cola-Coca

Reaction score
I don't think that cap came on that bottle, but it is nice.

MM43

Reaction score
As far as I can remember, I bought the coke and drank it so this one I'm pretty sure of. I'm curious why you think the cap doesn't match.

Cola-Coca

Reaction score
I may be wrong, is it a screwtop bottle?

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
If you saw that Colonial/ Rev. War era reenactment parade unit the memory alone affixed by that cap, would bond you. The cap might be worth more than the bottle. I believe they do go together. The only mystery is that "7". The cap might be one in a series...

MM43

Reaction score
It is a screwtop bottle. I didn't show it well enough in the photo.

cokemanracer

Commemorative Soft Drink bottles, all brands, ACLs
Reaction score
I think the cap says "Wometco, Roanoke, VA." There used to be/maybe still is a large Coca-Cola facility there with that name. But with consolidation over the years, a lot of local bottlers have merged with others.

In the past, Coca-Cola would occasionally regionally issue bottle cap sets with graphics under the cap. They had bottle cap sets to collect for football players, countries, etc. sometimes with a poster sheet to attach them to when collecting the sets. Not sure if this particular bottle cap is part of a set though.

Last edited:

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
I remember those Coke NFL caps from the early '60s. In my area you had the NY Giants team sheet. There was always one or two players that were scarce. Eventually I filled my sheet and rec'd. an NFL football with a faux signature as a prize. Btw, in this time period there was no plastic under the caps, just cork! ...Ok, I know you're wondering... The ball disappeared with Godchild #7 c. 2010, but I still have a cap or two somewhere. What a great promo. (My Dad + I drank a lot of Coke.) They should run that one again.

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Ok, everyone was wondering. (Please, no more calls.) It was Ronnie Bull's autograph.--Chicago Bears, RB.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky