Coke paper bottle test.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EdsFinds

Reaction score
I'm torn!

On the one hand, I whole-heartedly feel that this is what we need to do to stop the accumulation of all these plastic bottles that will never biodegrade in the environment. We are discarding more of them than we are recycling. So, on that note...who hoo! I hope the idea becomes a reality!

On the other hand, it would be the demise of future bottle collecting, as there would be none left to collect! LOL!

Do people really collect milk cartons? Where do you find them? Certainly not outside! I didn't know that. Interesting. Guess paper bottles would really be the same as milk cartons. Eh, they'll never crack or break!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm torn!

On the one hand, I whole-heartedly feel that this is what we need to do to stop the accumulation of all these plastic bottles that will never biodegrade in the environment. We are discarding more of them than we are recycling. So, on that note...who hoo! I hope the idea becomes a reality!

On the other hand, it would be the demise of future bottle collecting, as there would be none left to collect! LOL!

Do people really collect milk cartons? Where do you find them? Certainly not outside! I didn't know that. Interesting. Guess paper bottles would really be the same as milk cartons. Eh, they'll never crack or break!

I think future bottle collecting has already come to its demise with the introduction of plastic bottles. I can't imagine anyone digging for those things in fifty years. I suspect that cans are what people will be looking for in the future, since they don't degrade very much. And I think milk cartons are found in barns and walls and that sort of thing. The sorts of places that you might find tins. I've got a few that I bought from bottle shows. I've never found one myself.

Huntindog

Reaction score
I’m 40 and occasionally my dad and I will go to a spot he’s known about for a long time looking for bottles and marbles. One day we were looking at shards of slug plates lying around and I made the comment that it was a shame all the good broke ones everywhere, he laughed and said “ Yeah there’s no telling how many I shot with a BB gun when I was a kid ! “ lol

I have a spot in my yard, which was my grandfathers, where there was a post that my Dad would shoot bottles off the top of.
There must have been a foot deep of glass there...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch