Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Cola bottles and green water/juice jars

Punkpoet666

Jun 29, 2020
Hey gang, new guy here. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with these as to dating, value, what the numbers on the bottom mean, if there's a market, etc. We live in the house my girlfriend's grandparents built in the early 50s and are cleaning out the crawlspace and attic. I have about 25 of the double cola bottles and about 12 or so of the water/juice jars. And many more miscillaneous bottles and jars. Any help or a point on the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Attachments

saratogadriver

Sep 10, 2009
the metric pepsi bottles probably date post 1975, when the metric conversion act came out. Pepsi was the first to go to the 2 liter plastic bottle, and that seems to have a triggered most soda companies going metric with their labeling. I can remember 1/2 liter bottles of pepsi in the early 80s, right before all the soda went to plastic bottles.

Jim G

bottle-bud

Jan 21, 2018
St. Louis, Missouri
I agree with Jim in that your bottles date to the mid to late 1970's or newer. Value would be minimal. The double cola's may go for a dollar or two at best. There are just so many of them. The water/juice bottle are also very common, I see them at every antique mall/flea market I go to. Try a garage sale or something like that to sell. Good Luck.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeflexive