Collections are for showing.show um lets see some jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mizzith

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing JNS. I think I talked to the guy at a show that made those Kerr Liberties he had the mold there and everything.i hope my collection will be half as impressive as yours some day.WOW

Really interesting that you met the guy with the mold. The amber and pink ones in the picture just sold in a NAG auction. What other colors did he have?

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing JNS. I think I talked to the guy at a show that made those Kerr Liberties he had the mold there and everything.i hope my collection will be half as impressive as yours some day.WOW

You must have run into Phil Smith - he's the guy who owns the mold. He had Jeff Vanaman & his team of glassblowers make the new jars in the mold. I believe they made a dozen or so in various colors.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Beautiful collection! Is that an amber Perfection pint? And what on earth is the black streaked Kerr Anniversary?

Yes, that is an amber Perfection pint, and it has a gauze label on the other side. As for that weird color Kerr Anniversary jar, I've heard that some of the colors that were intended to be made didn't actually turn out well & Alex Kerr used most of those as the jar for the gold painted ones. perfection-embossed side.jpgperfection-label side.jpg1387 Kerr Anniv jars.JPG1387 Kerr Anniversary jars.JPG

Last edited:

Kheidecker

Reaction score
JNS I don't recall all the colors he had. Went back to my pictures from that day.1st pic 2nd table down guy in blue shirt.2nd pic guy in blue shirt.thats Greg spurgeon on left. Extremely nice guy told me to call him if I was ever looking for a particular color lid, jar.you can see them in front of him

Attachments

• 20200315_114639.jpg
    20200315_114639.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 290
  • 20200315_114619.jpg
    20200315_114619.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 312

Kheidecker

Reaction score
I believe in the one picture he was handing me a clear one. I don't really remember but I believe he was asking like $400 for them

Kheidecker

Reaction score
Check out those three midget Pints they are on Greg's spurgeon table first picture. Amber,milk,black glass. Those are my favorite of the whole show. I was very jar drunk that day still get excited looking at the photos.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Check out those three midget Pints they are on Greg's spurgeon table first picture. Amber,milk,black glass. Those are my favorite of the whole show. I was very jar drunk that day still get excited looking at the photos.
So did you buy them? They look like 3 of the dream series jars.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264