Collins Beverages - Barrie Ontario soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I already have 3 Collins beverages bottles , 2 - 7 oz clear and 1 - 7 oz green . at the bottle show came across a different variation from this company , its also 7 oz but taller and a mix of acl/art deco type bottle made by consumers glass . I have seen it once before in an online ad but not seen any others ( and been to all the antique stores in that area many times) so don't think there is a lot out there to be found . Collins beverages only operated from 1948-1957 and then seems to have disappeared .

" call for a Collins " , Collins beverages ltd Barrie

collinsbeveragesE.jpgcollinsbeveragesE1.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
the other Collins bottles I have a clear and a green 7 oz , much smaller and plain compared to other bottle , I also saw a 30 oz green Collins a couple years ago but failed to buy it from lady who had it for sale online , not sure what became of it

collinsbeveragesN.jpgcollinsbeveragesG.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
also a couple weeks ago at an antique mall in southern Ontario I came across one of the green 7 oz Collins bottles and its a significant upgrade from the one I already have . much nicer acl , although some fading on the back .
only Collins beverages Barrie bottle I don't have is the 30 oz version , I know it exists as I saw one online a few years ago but haven't seen any since and not sure what became of the one I was aware of

P4060004.jpgP4060006.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
Here’s the 30oz version I have. Identical to your 7oz. Don’t know if there is also a clear quart?View attachment 217921

the green 30 oz were usually for ginger ale so unclear if there would of been a clear one too but possible I guess , the clear 7 oz bottles seem to be more common than green , seen more of them

only seen the 30 oz once before , was one on kiijjjii years ago and it wasn't that nice , with a mixture of stuff don't know what became of it

JKL

Reaction score
Those are very nice!
I don't have any of these. Over the years I have heard of most bottlers in Ontario. First some reason not this one.

RCO

Reaction score
Those are very nice!
I don't have any of these. Over the years I have heard of most bottlers in Ontario. First some reason not this one.

I don't think its that well known , it only operated for around 10 years and only in Barrie Ontario which wasn't that big back then . so it was a local bottler not that well known and disappeared before the 50's were over

never actually found one of there bottles in the wild before either , even when I poked around places in Simcoe country area it never seems to appear

RCO

Reaction score
doesn't seem to be much info out there on this bottler , I searched goggle and all that came up was this thread and nothing in any barrie/simcoe books that I have , although there is the odd bottle on ebay from them

do recall a book called the " east Georgian bay historical journal " it was published in the 80's and all about simcoe country history, is several volumes so might be 5 or 10 different books in total . is an article in one of them about local bottlers and it might mention Collins beverages but I don't have that issue and only copy I know of is at our locked up library

if I can find it and if it contains any more info i'll post it at some point

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu