Comment Censoring

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
In a first on this forum for me, I see that a comment of mine where I pointed out that someone was incorrect has been removed and the entire thread locked so that the incorrect information remains and there is no way to flag that the information is incorrect. I really did not feel that I was over the top with my response, but apparently someone did. Wow...I've always tried to be helpful here.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
In a first on this forum for me, I see that a comment of mine where I pointed out that someone was incorrect has been removed and the entire thread locked so that the incorrect information remains and there is no way to flag that the information is incorrect. I really did not feel that I was over the top with my response, but apparently someone did. Wow...I've always tried to be helpful here.

Recently there have been some jerks here on the forum, but I tend to ignore them. Didn't know posts could be censored, and of everyone here you'd be the last I'd expect to have that happen. The nerve of people!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Recently there have been some jerks here on the forum, but I tend to ignore them. Didn't know posts could be censored, and of everyone here you'd be the last I'd expect to have that happen. The nerve of people!
8 yrs military along with Dad and 4 brothers. Countless other's that payed the biggest price,did that for our freedom are wondering why they did.I certainly would NOT defend the way this country is going. VERY SAD!!!!!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Not sure I'd correlate a moderator cutting my comment on this forum to the direction the country is taking. I was just surprised to see for the first time, after over 14 years on the forum, what I felt was a pretty benign comment regarding an incorrect assertion another member made cut and the commenting locked. It's certainly their prerogative to moderate the forum as they see fit...just frustrated me a bit to see incorrect information being bandied about.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Not sure I'd correlate a moderator cutting my comment on this forum to the direction the country is taking. I was just surprised to see for the first time, after over 14 years on the forum, what I felt was a pretty benign comment regarding an incorrect assertion another member made cut and the commenting locked. It's certainly their prerogative to moderate the forum as they see fit...just frustrated me a bit to see incorrect information being bandied about.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I thought I was posting about
" COMMENT CENSORING "
Not sure if you're aware, but big tech as I'm posting this is deciding what they want you to hear. (CENSORING) Maybe I'm wrong but this silly thing freedom of speech is the 1st amendment on
U.S.BILL OF RIGHTS

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I thought I was posting about
" COMMENT CENSORING "
Not sure if you're aware, but big tech as I'm posting this is deciding what they want you to hear. (CENSORING) Maybe I'm wrong but this silly thing freedom of speech is the 1st amendment on
U.S.BILL OF RIGHTS
Maybe it should have read.
COMMENT MODERATING POST
I tend to get a little protective of the
Freedom's we have, no where else in the world has the freedom we have in the
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
This is a British-run site moderated by a couple of collectors. It's nothing to do with big tech or the 1st Amendment. It's just a moderator wanting to keep the peace. NHPharm's comment shouldn't have been deleted though. There was nothing inflammatory about it, just a factual statement. It's not your fault that he decided to have a temper tantrum and start calling you kindergarten-level insults.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
This is a British-run site moderated by a couple of collectors. It's nothing to do with big tech or the 1st Amendment. It's just a moderator wanting to keep the peace. NHPharm's comment shouldn't have been deleted though. There was nothing inflammatory about it, just a factual statement. It's not your fault that he decided to have a temper tantrum and start calling you kindergarten-level insults.
This is worth repeating: Speech on this forum has nothing at all to do with Big Tech or with the First Amendment to the USA Bill of Rights.

Still, I'm disappointed. I wanted to learn more about "American" liniments.
Again the post stated "Comment CENSORING " I did Comment on the dispute that took place,not knowing what was in place to try and resolve it. I did suggest moderating them. Different than CENSORING. I'm not sure if I can find it, if I do will post it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac