Common bottle list

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I always keep any embossed bottle, even if I know it's common. The only bottles I leave at the dump are slicks. This list applies more to buying... You don't want to overpay for the bottles on this list, or at least I don't.

keithstanfield

Reaction score
i totally agree with you.....i just love the mystery of researching the bottles,and displaying them.......Might i throw my hat in the ring?Dr paines celery compound,(pretty bottle,methinks......)wyeths,ummm....sloanes liniment..........
ORIGINAL: kawdog

I noticed when I first saw that list on another site, just about every bottle I found was on it. Good thing I don't dig bottles for money [:D]. So I may never get rich bottle collecting, but it sure is alot of fun.

It is a handy list though for people who or wondering if that old bottle they found is rare or common.

kaw

|MDB|

Reaction score
I just googled a bottle that's sitting in the window in my livingroom, Chamberlain's Colic, Cholera etc., and saw one listed on the bay for US $24.30. The seller should have read this list first, apparently.

toddrandolph

Reaction score
It's interesting that there are apparently great regional differences in common bottles as there are some on that list I've never heard of and others that aren't on the list that I won't even bother to pick up off the ground of a dump that aren't on the list (Fletcher's Castoria...the alltime most common med in my area)

Dansalata

Reaction score
I DIG FOR THE JOY OF UNCOVERING STUFF FROM THE PAST..EVEN THOUGH IVE BEEN DIGGIN A WHILE , A LOT OF THOSE I DONT HAVE, I WOULD STILL BE EXCITED TO UNCOVER SOMETHING I NEVER DUG REGARDLESS OF THE VALUE AND...THE COMMONERS MAKE GREAT GIFTS FOR FRIENDS...I HAVE DUG PONTILS, A $3000 INSULATOR COINS ETC..BUT I WOULD DIG A TOC ANY TIME..AND I STILL LOVE BROMOS LOL...

madman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Dansalata

I DIG FOR THE JOY OF UNCOVERING STUFF FROM THE PAST..EVEN THOUGH IVE BEEN DIGGIN A WHILE , A LOT OF THOSE I DONT HAVE, I WOULD STILL BE EXCITED TO UNCOVER SOMETHING I NEVER DUG REGARDLESS OF THE VALUE AND...THE COMMONERS MAKE GREAT GIFTS FOR FRIENDS...I HAVE DUG PONTILS, A $3000 INSULATOR COINS ETC..BUT I WOULD DIG A TOC ANY TIME..AND I STILL LOVE BROMOS LOL...
right on brother!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Since BromoSeltzer is on the list, anyone with worthless teal bromos can send them to me and I will dispose of them.[:D]

coolbottles

Reaction score
If anyone has some of the common dr kilmers,dr pierce dr seth arnolds,chamberlains,carters in green, citron, yellow, or amber let me know I would be happy to make you an offer.[:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu