Common, but Cool!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
This dive day saw me find something I've been looking for but just couldn't locate - until now! A beautiful, sparkling Belfast / Ross round bottom! I know they're fairly common, but it's great to finally have one from my collection.View attachment 227015

found a Ross's Belfast bottle before it would of been summer 2017 it was in some sand near a busy dock here . only ever found that bottle once so not really that common to find in the wild here , it was also fairly clean at the time with no damage

ross'sbelfast.JPG
ross'sbelfast1.JPG

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
I have a question for you- Shasta lake is only at 40% capacity- I have never seen it like it is, and I’ve lived here my whole life. I spent the last year finding beautiful crystal clusters out there as the water drops. I was shopping for a houseboat, the winter before last and the lake was full- all 365 miles of shoreline- full. Since then, I have watched them drain our lake and sell it to LA! It’s so shockingly low, looks like a river, over the weekend. And I was thinking, as it drops, the bottles that must be at the bottom of the lake. Would they be deep in what was mud? Or on top of it? I wonder if they are in the dried mud, how deep they would have sank, or if u have any tips on locating them? Or should I stick with the crystals that now, I can’t wash. (50 gallons per day per person, or a $1000 fine.)
268b21fda36f55e8e60167a7291d5abb.jpg

200f1e92db28546ff66537a93b92a84e.jpg

Hard to launch but we did it.n I don’t know for how long…. What am I supposed to do with a brand new patio boat? Can’t give it to the bank- it’s paid for! A planter? This pix was last year:, pretty much the same spot:
f1a55e507f63a94243c6bad428115910.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whether any bottles exist on the lake bottom would depend on the nature of the sediment. If the bottom is not too soft, bottles may have only sunk down a foot or two, softer material might allow them to sink in much farther. I have a lake near me that has as soft & gooey a bottom as you could imagine - anything tossed in there is gone for good! As to where one would look - try old docking areas, piers or areas where there is evidence of human activity back in the day. Sometimes all that is left is old, rotting wood pilings along the shoreline. Good luck!

buriedtreasuretime

Reaction score
Whether any bottles exist on the lake bottom would depend on the nature of the sediment. If the bottom is not too soft, bottles may have only sunk down a foot or two, softer material might allow them to sink in much farther. I have a lake near me that has as soft & gooey a bottom as you could imagine - anything tossed in there is gone for good! As to where one would look - try old docking areas, piers or areas where there is evidence of human activity back in the day. Sometimes all that is left is old, rotting wood pilings along the shoreline. Good luck!

I was on a job site in Tiburon Ca. The client had a private dock and beach front. I’m an avid beach glass collector so I noticed at low tide thee was a lot of broken beach glass. Every day for the week after my work was done I’d go down and pick up tumbled broken beach glass. I found a few 1880’s patent med bottle tops turned purple from the sun and about two gallon buckets of various assorted thick bottle glass in green, Aqua, white, purple and some cobalt, milk glass and embossed broken bottle panels. I’d bet if they drained that end of the bay they’d fined some pretty amazing stuff back to the 1860’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky