Comstock & Steere Blue Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

2find4me

Reaction score
Here is one on WORTHPOINT.Very nice bottle, sorry I couldn't help much.Look around the site some more if you can, might find a few more bottles.

antlerman23

Reaction score
There really isn't much out there about these guys and their business. this is the 2nd oldest Minnesota bottle after the sided L.R. Comstock soda. If you put this on ebay please post a link. I have seen a couple of these in person, and I know there are some more out there, but they are nowhere near common. I haven't seen one for sale ever, so I really have no clue what it is worth. I know what I would pay, but Im on a budget so im not sure if my offer is a good one because, again, I have no context. Im sure you are fine in keeping it. people find bottles in construction sites all the time. im just glad you didn't use it for a target... 6 ultra-rare Rochester Minnesota squats met that fate here in the early 1980s... and im pretty sure there are only 4 or 5 of those squats known so that is a damn shame!

brick0044

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a person in Minnesota that would help me out with cleaning the bottle. I don't want to wreck it.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I personally would not have it tumbled or be any more interested if it was, less even. Soap, water and a bottle brush is all I would do, maybe a mild acid bath. It is a personal decision though.

epgorge

Reaction score
Sounds like Antlerman23 got it and I hope at a good price. I always like matching up a bottle or glassware with someone who really wanted it. Not so much for the value (though that is o.k. too) but because it is "the holy grail" of his/her bottle collection. Good for you guys.Joel

antlerman23

Reaction score
I did not get it, but I bet I know who did. its an AMAZING bottle, and I hope a good price was paid. I did a little research and heard its worth quite a bit more than I thought. that cracked up one on ebay sold for $600 apparently, so that gave me a little bit of perspective. that's waaaaaaay richer than my blood

epgorge

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that. All my Holy Grails are in the $4000 to $6000 range and going up.It does give us something to work for.Joel

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown