Confusing listing on eBay!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
First check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-St-Joseph-Missouri-Louis-Fuelling-Blob-Top-Glass-Ginger-Ale-Soda-Bottle-/130795537399?ru=http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=130795537399&_rdc=1&nma=true&si=RS8eCGcEil%2FtOLpz7tPlEQR3c8w%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And now take a look on this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140888463074?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D140888463074%26_rdc%3D1

What do you think?? Looks fishy to me...They looks like exactly the same particular bottle!!

jays emporium

Reaction score
The winner on the first auction has a feedback rating of only 9. The first auction ended Nov 11 so I suspect he did not pay and the seller relisted the bottle. The second place bidder on the first one is also bidding on the relisted bottle. That's how I see it.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jays emporium

The winner on the first auction has a feedback rating of only 9. The first auction ended Nov 11 so I suspect he did not pay and the seller relisted the bottle. The second place bidder on the first one is also bidding on the relisted bottle. That's how I see it.
This doesn't appear to be the case , the high bidder was 'morrow1972' who has won 7 bottles from this seller over the last month and the seller left positive feedback stating it was a "Fast Payment". I'm guessing he may have more than one of these and is doing the smart thing and listing them one at a time for full profit...

epackage

Reaction score
Got this from the seller...

"I gave money back as his wife didnt want him to buy it. thanks jay"

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
well that's explain everything, thanx epackage[:)] [:)][:)] Poor guy his wife forbid him to get the bottle of his dream.[:(][:(][:(]
ORIGINAL: epackage

Got this from the seller...

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I feel this is a classic case of shill bidding. it is the same bottle. The winner only bids on this sellers auctions, 210 bids in the last thirty days and 99% the same seller. Usually, the biggest tip off to shill bidding is immediately relisting the bottle. Could it legitimate? Maybe, but my gut tells me it is a shill bidder.

And just because the sell said so doesn't make it true, I believe very little about what the seller says. What is he supposed to say, "oh, I used a shill bidder and relisted"?

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: justanolddigger

I feel this is a classic case of shill bidding. it is the same bottle. The winner only bids on this sellers auctions, 210 bids in the last thirty days and 99% the same seller. Usually, the biggest tip off to shill bidding is immediately relisting the bottle. Could it legitimate? Maybe, but my gut tells me it is a shill bidder.

And just because the sell said so doesn't make it true, I believe very little about what the seller says. What is he supposed to say, "oh, I used a shill bidder and relisted"?
another classic word is " I lost contact with the buyer & he didn't pay."
If I were the seller (since i'am a very honest person) i'll say "Well shill was used & nobody have balls to outbid my shill so I relist it, & waiting for another sucker."[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

I was wondering why the 2nd winner didn't pay for it?? I don't get it.

Or perhaps he is just looking for his bottle value information, cheaper then bottle appraisal perhaps?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28