Connecticut Milk for Health dairy signage?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Britt0422

Reaction score
Hi all- made a discovery over the weekend and found a few of these Connecticut Milk for Health signs. My fiancé’s family owned a dairy farm and this came out of their old barn that we are going through. I can’t find anything about Connecticut Milk for Health so was wondering if you may be able to help!
wondering what Connecticut Milk for Health was, the time period these were made (thinking 1950’s-60’s) and what these may be worth?
Appreciate any help!
63D9E297-9C4E-4584-A037-0FF028D4C7EC.jpeg

Attachments

• B97A1858-BDFF-49A5-BBB7-29189195990B.jpeg
    B97A1858-BDFF-49A5-BBB7-29189195990B.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 166

yacorie

Reaction score
Cool sign - I’ve seen a few of them before here in CT. Is yours a tin sign?

My guess is CT milk for health was just an organization or group of dairies that were pushing milk.

As for value - how big and what are they made out of?

Where in Ct are you?

Britt0422

Reaction score
Thank you - It is a cool sign! 44” long and 21” high. It’s a metal sign - one sided. We are located in Seymour, CT. However the sign came from the old family barn that we are cleaning out which is in Shelton. We have several of these signs. Also have a different one which is blue but the paint is really chipping on those and they have a lot of rust. Plan on keeping a few and selling the others.
Any information you have will be helpful! I found the CT Milk for Health, Inc was a nonprofit organization located in Hartford. It seems they may have helped dairies with advertising but the information I find on these signs is really limited.
If you have an idea of what they are worth, I would appreciate it!

Britt0422

Reaction score
Cool sign - I’ve seen a few of them before here in CT. Is yours a tin sign?

My guess is CT milk for health was just an organization or group of dairies that were pushing milk.

As for value - how big and what are they made out of?

Where in Ct are you?

Thank you - It is a cool sign! 44” long and 21” high. It’s a metal sign - one sided. We are located in Seymour, CT. However the sign came from the old family barn that we are cleaning out which is in Shelton. We have several of these signs. Also have a different one which is blue but the paint is really chipping on those and they have a lot of rust. Plan on keeping a few and selling the others.
Any information you have will be helpful! I found the CT Milk for Health, Inc was a nonprofit organization located in Hartford. It seems they may have helped dairies with advertising but the information I find on these signs is really limited.
If you have an idea of what they are worth, I would appreciate it!

yacorie

Reaction score
I don’t know the price but will ask a few Serious Ct milk collectors. It’s a nice sign - great size in my opinion and a good subject.

Condition wise are they all like this one?

Britt0422

Reaction score
I don’t know the price but will ask a few Serious Ct milk collectors. It’s a nice sign - great size in my opinion and a good subject.

Condition wise are they all like this one?
Yes, the yellow signs are all like this. The blue ones I have are in rough shape - rust and paint peeling but they are still cool.
That would be great if you could ask them. If they know any information about the Connecticut Milk for Health organization I would love to know more about it! Thank you!

Attachments

• BE024E0A-7CAC-43E2-915C-661422830EED.jpeg
    BE024E0A-7CAC-43E2-915C-661422830EED.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 179

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Hi all- made a discovery over the weekend and found a few of these Connecticut Milk for Health signs. My fiancé’s family owned a dairy farm and this came out of their old barn that we are going through. I can’t find anything about Connecticut Milk for Health so was wondering if you may be able to help!
wondering what Connecticut Milk for Health was, the time period these were made (thinking 1950’s-60’s) and what these may be worth?
Appreciate any help!View attachment 205821

Hello from SECT! I was just curious what the name of your fiancé's family's dairy was. I only tend to collect certain milk bottles from New London County, but love to learn the history of other CT dairy farms in case I come across those correlating bottles. Beautiful signs! Also try to contact Peter and Trish of the National Association of Milk Bottle Collectors (NAMBC). They may have some information on your signs and Connecticut Milk for Health as they also deal heavily in CT dairy antiques. Here is their email ptmanfredi@cox.net. Hope this helps.

Britt0422

Reaction score
Hello from SECT! I was just curious what the name of your fiancé's family's dairy was. I only tend to collect certain milk bottles from New London County, but love to learn the history of other CT dairy farms in case I come across those correlating bottles. Beautiful signs! Also try to contact Peter and Trish of the National Association of Milk Bottle Collectors (NAMBC). They may have some information on your signs and Connecticut Milk for Health as they also deal heavily in CT dairy antiques. Here is their email ptmanfredi@cox.net. Hope this helps.

Hi! I think you and I have connected on here before a few months ago. My fiancé’s family owned Walnut Tree Hill Farm Dairy in Shelton, CT. It was owned by his great grandfather, Julius Suren and then passed down to his son, Julius Suren Jr. It was around from the early 1900’s until probably early 1970’s. Unfortunately my fiancé’s Father passed away recently so we have been going through some things and finding a lot of cool things from the farm. We have found pictures, milk cans, milk bottles and caps, calendars and even the certificate from the state of CT for their herd being tuberculin tested without reactors.

I will try and reach out to them! Thank you!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
Hi! I think you and I have connected on here before a few months ago. My fiancé’s family owned Walnut Tree Hill Farm Dairy in Shelton, CT. It was owned by his great grandfather, Julius Suren and then passed down to his son, Julius Suren Jr. It was around from the early 1900’s until probably early 1970’s. Unfortunately my fiancé’s Father passed away recently so we have been going through some things and finding a lot of cool things from the farm. We have found pictures, milk cans, milk bottles and caps, calendars and even the certificate from the state of CT for their herd being tuberculin tested without reactors.

I will try and reach out to them! Thank you!

I'm sorry to hear that about your fiancé's father. Must make you guys feel better to go through all of the history though and find things to remember his and the family's history. Good luck!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Nice Signs. If looking for Value you could always try selling on Ebay. I don't know anything about Milk signs but I know some old Metal Beer signs that size & that good of condition can get a few Thousand $$$$. Good Luck.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora