Cool finds accidentally

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottle_lady

Reaction score
Was kayaking and had to “pull over” for a pee break lol came back with these

Attachments

• DA4649FF-A326-49AA-BDCD-CFC968B94CEC.jpeg
    DA4649FF-A326-49AA-BDCD-CFC968B94CEC.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 273

Toma777

Reaction score
I like that Henry K Wampole bottle. He also has a 1909 book on how to make your own snake medicines, LOL.

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
People are such litter bugs. Not a new problem. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't start littering for the sake of future collectors?
I have honestly considered keeping some things for that reason. My dad says that the days of true antiques is over though. Says everything is so common and ununique that it shouldn't really be considered an antique. Not saying I or anyone cant do it, just saying his opinion on the matter.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I have honestly considered keeping some things for that reason. My dad says that the days of true antiques is over though. Says everything is so common and ununique that it shouldn't really be considered an antique. Not saying I or anyone cant do it, just saying his opinion on the matter.
There are still unique, handcrafted items which will be considered "true" antiques in the future. It's just that only the richest people have things like that made for them today, so most of us aren't likely to come across that sort of thing in our day to day lives. But that was true in the past as well, today's fine antiques were the sort of things which were found in the wealthiest houses. The more commonplace items that people like us collect were mass-produced just like today's items are, and have attained the status of collectible antiques through nostalgia and curiosity. People in the future will still feel nostalgia and curiosity over the items that we use today as well. If there ever was an era of "true" antiques, it didn't end recently. It ended in the mid-late 19th century with the rise of mass production.

102viadeluna

Reaction score

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky