Copper BBs?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
When you pull a bottle out of a bottle tumbler with copper pieces and polishing compound it is the dirtiest, grimiest, pile of yuck you ever want to handle...until you hose it off.
Dont do your bottle tumbling in a room with white carpeting...

I havent tried the plastic pellets. They may be good for the small rectangular pontil medicines I'm afraid to tumble. The glass corners are paper thin on those things and I've had a couple come out of the tumbler with holes.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
sikakila - Go to this link for many who tumble to help you. I still would like to see a photo of your set-up.[:)]

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bottletumbling/

GuntherHess - I know what you mean about the thin corners. Most of what I've heard about the corner blowouts was due to higher speeds or RPMs. When I tumble sodas or round bottles on the higher RPMs, it seems soooooo fast. It's quite scary compared to the lower speed. [:-] I haven't tried any OP stuff, yet. Wayne (Jar Dr.) could help you better than I, about the safest way to clean those treasures.[:D] I think he has stopples to cover or protect the scar too.

sikakila

Reaction score
Hiyas and thanks yall for the info, the links are great...seems i will need to 'fine tune my tumbler[8|] i will post a pic as soon as i get my camera back...and i figure out how !
cheers !

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75