Copyright infringement?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
P.S. / Just for the record ...

The Union Brewing Company obviously did not use the Cadillac crest

Union Brewing Company Beer Paper Label.jpg

Union Brewing Company Beer Bottle Cap.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
Is it just me or another mystery?

Although I'm finding references for the UNION BEVRAGE COMPANY, I can't find any of their products such as bottles, cans, labels, or caps. Now I'm wondering if something is fishy in Detroit and if the company ever existed.

This link is to one of the references I'm referring to ...

Notice similar references in these two snippets ...

Union Beverage Company Dates.jpg

Union Beverage Company Text.jpg

In the first snippet notice the name UNION MALT PRODUCTS COMPANY. Even though I found several references for the company, I can't find any of their products such as bottles, cans, labels, or caps. So what's up with that? Are any of you Detroit collectors familiar with the company and/or have any of their products? And does anyone know if the Union Beverage Company and the Union Malt Products Company were one in the same or different? I know it says the name was changed, but where are all of the Union Beverage Company items BEFORE the name change?

Union Malt Products Company_Detroit_Free_Press_Michigan_Mon__Apr_11__1932_.jpg

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
There certainly appears to have been a Union Beverage Company in Detroit, but where-oh-where are their bottles and/or whatever they used for their products? (Beer? / Near Beer?)

Union Beverage Co. Detroit  1919.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Wow that is so interesting!...who knew right? Great job uncovering that mystery Bob!
Did any of the soda ACL's use the crest?

hemihampton

Reaction score
Wow that is so interesting!...who knew right? Great job uncovering that mystery Bob!
Did any of the soda ACL's use the crest?

as far as I know I'm pretty sure the ACL Sodas did use that Emblem or Crest. The pic I showed of the 2 I found were pretty faded but you can slightly see that emblem I believe. LEON.

SODABOB

Reaction score
Be careful what you ask for - There are numerous Cadillac soda bottles that used the crest - Paper label and ACL. I would have posted these earlier but thought it was a given that was already known. However, there is some confusion as to who bottled them. Some are by the Cadillac Ginger Ale Co., but others are by Cadillac Beverages. They are all from Detroit, but I do not know if they are the same company or different companies.

These are just the tip of the iceberg - There are multiples of the paper label bottles in different flavors

Cadillac ACL Bottle.jpg

Cadillac Hotel ACL.jpg

Cadillac Strawberr Paper Label Bottle.jpg

Cadillac Ginger Ale Co - But no crest emblem

Cadillac Root Beer Paper Label.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora