Corners of MA, VT, NH

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hladnopivo

Reaction score
I have an absolutely killer place just North of Boston. Two actually. I"ve never shared before but I am in NH now and don't get down there to dig as often. If you're still looking to dig sometime, I'll be happy to bring ya.
I frequently visit family in Essex county. I'd be glad to try and organize a dig when I'm in the area. I'm around Beverly, Gloucester, Marblehead and Manchester about twice a year to help out elderly relatives. I'm going to try and scout some spots I've been wanting to check out for a while also. DM me if you're interested.

Fenndango

Reaction score
I heard they were digging down through the highschool football field in West Newbury? at one point because it's built over the old dump. Town of Newburyport advertised in the newspaper for any and all to come dig old bottles before the new sewage treatment plant went in as well I heard. This was 20 years ago or so.

My father is from West Newbury and all my ancestors on his side are from the area. Colby.

Hladnopivo

Reaction score
I heard they were digging down through the highschool football field in West Newbury? at one point because it's built over the old dump. Town of Newburyport advertised in the newspaper for any and all to come dig old bottles before the new sewage treatment plant went in as well I heard. This was 20 years ago or so.

My father is from West Newbury and all my ancestors on his side are from the area. Colby.
So your folks are from the same general area.
That's some wild stuff about the town advertising the place for bottle diggers! I wish all developers would publish ads like that!
I do wonder about some of the school fields. Like, one Gloucester middle school field is located right on top of where old 1880s maps show a number of colonial farm houses.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky