Couple of nice very historical Baltimore flasks.......and a swan song.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Oh no not another one leaving and crying the blues on the way out?
ya know, I am getting sick of people who say they are leaving but never relay leave. They stay off ABN for a while,but they are not really gone,they are watching the thread to see if people say"ohhh man don't go bla bla bla ill miss ya mann wa w a wa" im sick of this baby 6th grade crap.just come out and say it,you want people to like you,you want them to marvel over your knowledge of bottles,you want to be recognized,don't we all. You don't see me crying when people dont reply to my threads,well once in a while, but im not going to leave the forum over it for gods sake.
So what if the number of people who chime in on your threads is not to your liking? it is not all about bottles,it is about people who talk to people about life and other fun crap! its the internet man!
You are not the only one who "left and came back" there are many others,and it gets sick-a-ning after a while.
When I decided to leave, if I ever do, you will hear the wind,not a word out of my mouth,like I said before I could give a rats ass what people think. Oh yeah its 911 shouldn't we all band together ?
Have fun

JustGlass

Reaction score
Steve , Good luck to you in your future quests. You have a amazing glass collection that I would be proud to own. I really miss that long bubble EG Booz that you ended up with that I found in a group shop in Arundell Maine and foolishly sold on ebay. I wish I had half the knowledge of the history of these bottles that you do............................................................................................. ................................................................................................. I wish you the best with your bottle hunting ventures, gary

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Hey Steve, you should go out with a bang.. post some really raunchy photoshops and get yourself banned! [:D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
....uh..I...mmmHmm.. believe I get the point of all of this now. If you'll endulge me, all of you:

We all want to be appreciated, we all want a nice pat on the back now and then.. we like to feel like someone else is thinking about us. We also are prone to taking for granted the friendships and companionship.. the trust.. which keeps this forum up and running day after day. It's a social thing we do here, isn't it? Now I realize many others come and read what we write and don't utter a peep, which is fine. Many of US, however, can't wait to see who wrote what on which post, day after day, sometimes minute to minute.. sad, lonely people like myself.. who feel happy and well when someone reaches out through cyberspace and says: "..(something nice..).."

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Now, I can understand wanting a little recognition from time to time. And I have always respected your knowledge and collection, Steve. But I think you're acting very childish by leaving.

Are you posting these threads to contribute to the knowledge of others, or to make yourself feel better? I can't contribute to the threads you make, because you know so much about the bottles! What could I post, besides "nice bottle"? Obviously many others have viewed your threads, the hit count is over 200 on most of your recent threads! These people have nothing to contribute to your thread. I have learned a lot from your posts, and I'm sure others have as well. Your service in old glass is irreplaceable. You are the only one that consistently posts such interesting glass. If you leave (or pretend to leave), that's your choice. I just don't think there's anything we can do to contribute to your discussions.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I think its really a misconception that this forum could or should be used as a repository for serious glass research data such yours.
The forum has always been more of a social gathering place/ entertainment venue.
I made that determination long ago and that is why if I am going to post anything interended for future reference I do it in my own web space. I have also found that the number of people who only view what we publish will always be vastly greater than those who comment. I think its part of human nature that there are always many more voyeurs than participants.
I do however often get emails from people who say they read and enjoy what I post and I appreciate hearing from them.
What you post is great stuff and well thought out but honestly I think this is the wrong place for it.
I would recommend you create your own BLOG page. It is not difficult and I think it would be a much better application of your time and energy. Plus, YOU would control the content and site, something you dont have here (nothing bugs me more than not being able to go back and fix something I posted in error). You can do as I do and post a link here every so often when you make updates.
Best of luck man.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

....uh..I...mmmHmm.. believe I get the point of all of this now. If you'll endulge me, all of you:

We all want to be appreciated, we all want a nice pat on the back now and then.. we like to feel like someone else is thinking about us. We also are prone to taking for granted the friendships and companionship.. the trust.. which keeps this forum up and running day after day. It's a social thing we do here, isn't it? Now I realize many others come and read what we write and don't utter a peep, which is fine. Many of US, however, can't wait to see who wrote what on which post, day after day, sometimes minute to minute.. sad, lonely people like myself.. who feel happy and well when someone reaches out through cyberspace and says: "..(something nice..).."

yeah that's kind of what I meant [:D]

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
All of you unknowingly proved my point in this matter being discussed.Lost in your responses in this post are two not seen often, very historical flasks from Baltimore that none of you made mention of .We have many Baltimore area based collectors here at this forum and I find it hard to believe I am the only one who collects these flasks or other historical flasks in general.Why wont one person ever come on and say yeah I have that flask also in blue or whatever. I can count the members on one hand that have openly discussed historical flasks with me.Don't get me wrong I have had great discussions with people far more knowledgeable then myself at this forum and that's all I want from this but the ratio is very skewed against me.

I appreciate all of you as I know you are the regular contributors at the forum and more people should get involved like all of you......Let me ask you all a question and answer it honestly please No sarcasm.Yes this means you Chuck and Rick.[:mad:] How many of you would come home from work every day, try and strike up conversation with your spouse,girlfriend,parent, friend whomever,would want to tell any one of these people what you just learned at work or in school and you were ignored,flat out ignored virtually every time.[:eek:]Wouldn't you at some point say to yourself hmm its pretty obvious this person does not want to have a conversation with me why do I keep trying to have one with them when it is not reciprocal.[8|]Why should I divulge information about something I researched when again its almost never reciprocated by anyone else.[&o]What I get more often then not is the challenge that I am wrong in my information which is often I admit,but at least I have the balls to post something with relevance to our hobby and hang my reputation with it. Funny Although at least when I am getting my chops busted someone is expressing themselves and their own views to me which is better then being ignored.

You don't have to own any of the glass I talk about to show an interest in it.They are for the most part according to our ancestral glass historians the pinnacle of our hobby. Is it because you didn't know about it,or you don't collect it,its not your thing or don't find them appealing,or is it you just dislike the person posting them and refuse to be engaged in the discussion. I think it is a little of all of the above.The friendships acquired here at this forum are great but at the end of the day I come to this place to...... 1st help others make informed decisions 2nd share my knowledge and 3rd be able to discuss glass related topics , soak in information I was deficient in and see other peoples collections,and last, learn from people much higher up the glass collecting chain something I am yearning to do so fri--ging bad I can taste it

.I do not come here to be pat on the back,that is the furthest thing from my mind.I don't want people to think I am a glass guru and they should bow down to me or my thoughts and I also don't think I am acting childish, a little p i s s e d maybe. I only announce my intentions to forewarn closet followers......I am not a rich man, I am a working man, a regular guy just like most of you. Good advice Matt (Guntherhess) maybe one day....maybe....Jim stay dry and thanks for checking in it does matter,ditto's Gary thanks for the kind words, Rick check your basement for water I see more rain in your forecast[8D] just kiddin......,Conner stay hungry for glass and the knowledge that goes with it.... try and be a little less personnel judgmental in regards to others.... words can hurt as much as actions and actually are remembered longer.Melinda you are the epitome of CLASS, I'll always help you and Chuck I'll still talk to you on the cell phone when you want to....Lakewood hasn't changed much as of Last Friday For now..This is me Dennis Leary says it best.TURN IT UP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX4hN2KAaww

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=blogger&passive=1209600&continue=http://www.blogger.com/home&followup=http://www.blogger.com/home&ltmpl=start#s01

F-R-E-E ! do it[;)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp