Couple of nice very historical Baltimore flasks.......and a swan song.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

In 1825, my state had Indians not flasks. In 1825 my state had Indians and flasks in fact we had Indians drinking out of flasks Bob

5557B0ACF30748E28A526D13D1E80248.jpg

Attachments

• 5557B0ACF30748E28A526D13D1E80248.jpg
    5557B0ACF30748E28A526D13D1E80248.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 114

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I just wish a couple of the bing drinker types would have road tripped over by me with their private stash and then left the empty vessels in local rivers and lakes.

Road Dog

Reaction score
A buddy of mine at work some years ago brought me one of those early Fells Point Flasks to look at. It was a colorless example without the statue on the monument. Mckearins had a good bit of info that I passed along to him at the time. Nice Flasks Steve!

madman

Reaction score
steve you have some really amazing bottles! museum stuff! i dont reply cause its way outta my leauge, but if ya listen very close you can here my chin hit the desk! some really great bottles youve posted over the years i enjoy reading and seeing the pix so stop whining and keep posting!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
I too as many of the others love reading your reserch and respect the knowledge you have on historical flasks. That's the thing about the bottle world, there are so many types to collect and some people focus on certain types, while others collect a broad scope of all types of bottles both old and new. With most everyone being in different financial situations, others collect bottles they can afford. Myself, between pontiled sodas, western flasks and bitters bottles, that's usually enough to keep me broke lol. Regardless tho, the love of the glass whether a pre civil war flask, or a newer acl soda, we all love the glass.

Most of us all love to post photos of a recent find we got, whether it being dug, bought, traded for, etc., hoping that others will join in the excitement of finding a great bottle. I love having friends over, whether their collectors or not, and showing them my stuff. The bottle collectors of course really show some enthusiasm, where non collectors think the colors are "pretty". lol

I've often wondered where the line was when I went from looking at some bottles to being an addicted collector. It may be hard at times, but never take it personal when others don't post on your research. I know alot of time goes into it, but many read the post, learn from it, and never comment on the subject. Of course it's always nice when you hear something back, after going to great lengths to share the knowledge you have aquired on any certain example.

I agree with what Matt mentioned, I think you would benefit highly from starting a blog and putting your work into it. We all hit the web pretty hard i'm thinking and alot of us google info on bottles we collect. There's definitely a bunch of historical flask collectors out there, and I think you would find it rewarding to show your efforts on a site like that. I love seeing it here too as so many others do, so just don't jump ship from not getting a reply. [;)]

All the best in your decision,

~Tim

Wangan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: baltbottles
Steve,
My opinion is most of the members of this site collect bottles much newer then the stuff that interest's you. So chances are they will have nothing to add to the conversation other then "those are nice bottles".

My thoughts exactly Chris!

I have nothing for bottles,I cant seem to find any,my knowledge of bottles is very limited and being a digger at heart,I guess I will have to buy bottles if I want any.My area was settled very late too.Trouble is,Im still out of a job,(but that is soon to change,I think),and beautiful bottles like yours are just a dream for me even if I had the money,(family first).Your knowledge is superb and I really think you should do a bottle blog.As for this site,I spend more time at Drumchat now because that is my first and foremost passion,although this is the bomb for bottle collectors.Friendship is more important than bottles and having the two mixed here makes it more interesting for an ignorant bottle collector who cant contribute much like me.I try to stay away from some hot topics but hearing about some other collecting hobbys,etc.helps me get a better picture of what the other person is like and helps me to know them a little better.The whole mix is a win-win for me,I wish it was for you.Its good to know you Steve.I just wish I could talk bottles on your level.And no,I have never felt you talked down to anyone.Go do that blog! Im sure many would find it fascinating.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Nice flasks Steve. I only have a few, maybe 10, historical flasks now. Just won one in the Glassworks auction.

Regards,

Tom

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi