Cragmont no refill paper labels and a bonus!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Started the new year off right on a box of misfits! But really I took a box for 10 bucks and I was only after the two paper label Cragmonts.
This brings my total from that brand to four 26oz bottles. I believe I was referring to these as NDNR but in fact they are a deposit bottle but non refillable.
So the bonus was a 1937 Coca-Cola with 'Limited' in pretty decent condition!...it's been on my wanted list for along while and after checking 100's of bottles over the years you just kind of forget about it..lol, it was a pleasant surprise!

The two Cragmont's from the box.
1642407945360.jpeg

The current line up I have including the Cola I picked up in December
1642446521833.jpeg

So a neat thing I discovered. The first three bottles are from Consumers glass and have a lower case c and an upper case G on the embossed cragmont. The tonic water is from Dominion glass and has an upper case C and lower case g.
I'm not sure why Dominion embossed that way as it does not match the paper label script.
1642550345474.jpeg

1642550307482.jpeg

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those Cragmonts are interesting, not sure if I knew about that being a BC brand before or not. Were they associated with a particular supermarket or were they just a smaller bottler?

Canadacan

Reaction score
Those Cragmonts are interesting, not sure if I knew about that being a BC brand before or not. Were they associated with a particular supermarket or were they just a smaller bottler?
@CanadianBottles Cragmont was Safeway's national brand.
I'm not positive but I think Shasta Beverages Vancouver may have had a bottling line or two, as they did all the canning from the early start in about 1960 and were the exclusive canner for them in western Canada up till about 1968.

Last edited:

iggyworf

Reaction score
That's another nice one. I love the large oz. bottles, even though they do take up more space.

Canadacan

Reaction score
That's another nice one. I love the large oz. bottles, even though they do take up more space.
Yeah it's funny you mention the size, back in my earlier days collecting I had that same thought process! But lure of having them some how overrode that thought all together!..lol

Canadacan

Reaction score
So I recently picked this up from a friend.
It's a Cragmont orange in the first generation style label. It's a NDNR dated May/June 1970, this type of bottle was nearing it's end of simply being tossed in the trash, unlike the second generation ones I posted above that were one way but had a deposit.
I was pretty happy to get it in the orange flavor too because in the second gens above orange was also the first.
1651631240873.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp