Creek diving

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Creek Diver

Reaction score
Hello bottle finders. I've been visiting this site for a few months, but just recently took the time to photograph some of our treasures. My grandkids and I take advantage of our location along the Mississippi to find bottle in small tributaries. Jefferson County Missouri is mineral rich, with our area being a hub of lead and glass production for over 150 years. Of course, a lot of the glass used in the past wound up in local dumps. Over time, because of erosion, bottles make their way into the creeks around the county. We harvest them. We do little digging. The bottles come to us. I'm hoping to regularly show you some of what we've found, 140+ bottles over several years. Here is the first round, these are all pretty common around here.

The first photo is of condiment bottles and soda bottles. We found most of these in a creek below a bend in the road where a hamburger stand used to be. Two are Hazel-Atlas, the other 4 are Owens-Illinois.

The second photo is of bottles we found below an old dump. The Listerine bottles are Owens-Illinois. Listerine was developed in St. Louis. The M. Stein bottle is Carr-Lowrey. There are mold numbers (I guess) on the Moone's Extract(1572) and Hire's Extract(139). The Vaseline jar has a faded mark that I can't read. Again, not uncommon.

The third photo is of a coke bottle with Jefferson City, Missouri embossed on the bottom, and a CB Soda bottle. The CB Soda bottle is embossed and has Coca-Cola embossed on the side near the bottom. I have found several broken bottles, but these are the only intact Coke and CB Soda bottles I've found.

Attachments

• IMG_2918.JPG
    IMG_2918.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2901.JPG
    IMG_2901.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2925.JPG
    IMG_2925.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 147

Members online

Latest threads