Creek walking. Tips, tricks and LAWS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Roy

Reaction score
Yeah I'm doing the same....wearing a backpack with one of these inside

View attachment 237916
also carrying one of these in there too (for tree roots)
View attachment 237917
I haven't used a shovel since I'm always digging in sloped/rocky creek banks.

I don't get mistaken for a hiker much though. When I go out hunting I'm not wearing my best duds, seeing as how I'm usually covered in dirt on the way back. Why ruin nice clothes eh?

Between the not-fancy clothes, the backpack, and the overall dirtiness on the return trip I think people get more of a homeless vibe from me. A month ago I remember a week where on two separate occasions strangers offered me water XD

Then I'd get in my subaru and they would give me an "oh...." look.
Hello everyone.
I had an idea and thought I might share it with everyone. Most times when I'm out in the woods alone I will pick up a sturdy staff to carry. Although I have never had a problem, I really don't trust the coyotes, which we seem to have plenty of in my area. As I am planning a small excursion this weekend and I wanted to try my new long handled potato rake but where I'm going I will have to walk a distance on the road as there is nowhere to park nearby. I'm going to take the rivet out of the potato rake and replace it with a small bolt and nut and use the handle as a staff and put the steel part of the rake in the backpack until its needed. If you see me, I will look like I am hiking with a staff. At least that's the plan...
Roy

RoseOnTheRocks

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I had an idea and thought I might share it with everyone. Most times when I'm out in the woods alone I will pick up a sturdy staff to carry. Although I have never had a problem, I really don't trust the coyotes, which we seem to have plenty of in my area. As I am planning a small excursion this weekend and I wanted to try my new long handled potato rake but where I'm going I will have to walk a distance on the road as there is nowhere to park nearby. I'm going to take the rivet out of the potato rake and replace it with a small bolt and nut and use the handle as a staff and put the steel part of the rake in the backpack until its needed. If you see me, I will look like I am hiking with a staff. At least that's the plan...
Roy

Love it!! I’m getting Gandalf vibes & love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roy

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Not entirely positive what to make of you two--but I like it.:)

Before you know it we'll be calling out Dumbledore's Army and marketing potato rake wand stem's with a metal detector inside...:D

Roy

Reaction score
Not entirely positive what to make of you two--but I like it.:)

Before you know it we'll be calling out Dumbledore's Army and marketing potato rake wand stem's with a metal detector inside...:D
Lol... My plan is to go back to a steep side hill that I was scraping around on with two friends when I was about 14 or 15 years old. Our fun ended that day with someone above us started shooting about 15 feet over our heads so I may need a little magic, you never know....

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Hopefully, this time you won't need a smoke canister. Those hillsides can be very promising, however, a lot of loose material underfoot as well. I'm sure you'll notice some changes since you were there last and bring back at least one remembrance. I've always found the old stomping grounds rewarding in more ways than one. Good hunting!

Reactions: Roy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky