Creomulsion?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diginit

Reaction score
A small bottle of 90 proof?who knows. I like the way the sun puts streaks and rainbows on the glass.Does this effect drop the value or is it considered a patina?Either way,I think it can add a touch of character to the piece.To think it could have been just laying there for 50 years or so is amazing. This site seems to have been a widespread settlement.Although you couldn't tell now.Trees and 14" grasses have grown where the ground had been leveled for cabins and one lane roads.oh yea,lots and lots of poison oak. Some spots I have to reserve untill fall.
Have fun diggin' everyone, but remember,it's spring.The snakes,cougar,bear,bobcat,and other crawlies are out of hibernation.A first aid kit is a must on any dig.

Tr49320.jpg

Attachments

• Tr49320.jpg
    Tr49320.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 102

IRISH

Reaction score
Most of those things probably where 90 proof or full of opium, they may not have cured but you would not have cared anyhow after drinking them [:D] .
That rainbow effect is not considered a good thing but it can look spectacular on some specimens.
We get a heap of snakes in Australia but I'm glad we don't have all those other things "helping" on digs [;)] wild dogs are a small danger in a few places but mostly keep away from people, crocodiles up north are a different story though [:D] .

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Read a story once that said bottles were dug out of San Fran Bay (some kind of mudflat) and because of the chemical effect of this certain kind of mud the bottles turned to look almost opal. That the color made them more valuable, but most bottles dug are sick glass and not very nice to look at. If you swirl baby oil around inside and leave a little in bottom(to save) you can keep bottle clear forever. I even beleive if you do this about a year or longer that oil will clear it up. It did for me on a vase I had.
David

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac