Cross & Co. Vancouver B.C. 1894-1963

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
I just received this pic from Hans-Jurgen Krackher who described it as an original paper label. So they do exist! He said he will get back to me later in the week with more information.

Schweppes paper Label from Hans-Jurgen Krackher.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes notice he is the fellow with the porcelene sign that shows the bottle, but yet he has no example.

Ahh ha he does have a label!....you almost ate your hat Bob!...lol!
Anyways this is great!

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
Cc

Notice we posted at the same time = 7:46 AM (PT) ... I must have beat you to the draw by only seconds. Even though I don't recall saying I would eat my hat, its good to know I won't have to now. By the way, I sent Mr. Krackher a reply and asked if he knew the date of the label, as well as when they were first and last used. I will let you know when I hear back from him again.

SODABOB

Reaction score
I just heard from Hans again and he sent me the following links. The first one is to a Pinterest blog he maintains, and the other one is to a book he recommends and described as the "Holy Bible" of all things related to Schweppes. I think he forgot to answer my question about the date of the paper label, but will cross that bridge later. He said he is going to send me some more stuff, but I don't know what it is or when he plans to send it.

Pinterest Blog ~ More pics than you can shake a stick at

https://www.pinterest.de/spiritschweppes/spiritschweppes-worldwide/

Schweppes Book ~ Euro eBay ~ Not sure of the price, but going to look for another one on the U.S. eBay and/or elsewhere

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Schweppes-T...sh=item4d98f1f4f7:g:~dkAAOSw7cldPCdY#shpCntId

SODABOB

Reaction score
Well, that didn't take long. I just found and BOUGHT a copy of the book on eBay for $7.57 with free shipping. I will let you know what all it contains after it arrives in about a week.

Schweppes Book eBay.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
Cc

I haven't discussed Cross's with Hans yet but will later today. Although I did ask if he had any information about Schweppes being sold in Canada. In response to that and other questions, he keeps referring to the book I bought as if it has all, or at least some of the answers. I should point out there is a slight communication challenge between us. Because of the way he words certain things, I get the impression that his grasp of the English language is limited. And it could be the same with him regarding the way I word certain things. So I will just take it one step at a time and hope for the best. However, one thing is fairly certain - he has a definite passion for all things Schweppes and seems thrilled to share it with me. Such as the attached pics he sent yesterday ...

Metal sign - which he said was from the 1930s

Schweppes Sign 1930s Hans Jurgen Krackter.jpg

Close up of label - Notice at the bottom where it says "All Corks [???] With Name Of Company" Even though is says corks, the bottle is a Crown. Now I'm wondering if the CROWN CAPS used in Vancouver and elsewhere in Canada have the bottler's name on them? Do you have or ever looked for any bottle caps like that? Its possible that none of the paper labels have locations on them - but the caps might.

Schweppes Sign Label 1930s Hans Jurgen Krackher.jpg

Collection of paper labels - which he said were from the 1950s and 1960s. Although the one in the upper right corner looks older ???

Schweppes Paper Labels 1950s and 1960s  Hans Jurgen Krackher.jpg

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
These are the ONLY Canadian Schweppes bottle caps I have been able to find so far. All I know about them is what you see ...

Schweppes Bottle Cap Canada (1).JPG

Schweppes Bottle Cap Canada (2).JPG

SODABOB

Reaction score
Please refresh my memory and/or correct me if the following is not accurate ...

1. The EARLIEST date for the Schweppes "Script Label" advertised in Vancouver, Canada is 1914

2. The EARLIEST date for the Cross & Co. "Script Label" advertised in Vancouver, Canada is 1929

I want to be sure about this before I ask Hans about the Cross's label and send him some pictures of it. Another thing I'm not sure about are ...

3. The LATEST date for the Schweppes "Script Label" from Vancouver?

4. The LATEST date for the Cross's "Script Label" from Vancouver?

SODABOB

Reaction score
This is from an earlier post that I added the dates to and thought I would use it for the one I send to Hans. But I would still like to know the answers to the questions in my last post if anyone knows them.

Cross's Bottles Dates left to right 1956, 1945, 1945, 1942, 1950 (2).jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger