Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Crude glass whatnots.

Dumpdiver

Feb 1, 2013
Upstate,NY
Not sure what they were used for but I have a feeling somebody here does They look like they were made right there on the farm and i did find a couple of large peices of raw glass the same color as most of them. Looks like one of them was made out of an old wine bottle. Well been drawing a blank here so thanks for any help as allways. Don

Attachments

nammlif

Feb 19, 2013
Most definitely lightning rod insulators...any interest in parting with some or all of em...would be very interested..!!

143Tallboy

May 31, 2004
The Great White North
This is how they were used typically - a bracket screwed into the wall that held the insulator with the conductor going through it, this was typically thick copper running from the lightning rod on the roof to a grounding rod.

Dumpdiver

Feb 1, 2013
Upstate,NY
Thanks, i let the winner know it was ok if he wanted to back out because somebody dropped a 54."cost bump"one second before him. Everything turned out ok I just felt bad that it happend that way. Anyway next time I think I'll look for more green ones, Don

cowseatmaize

Dec 2, 2004
Northeastern USA
I can feel bad for a lot of reasons but 2 new bidders jumping in at the last 5 seconds like wouldn't be one of them.[:D]They were obviously both prepared to pay that much, take the money.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bttrluvr