Crystal Spring Gallon Blob

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

farmerdan

Reaction score
Just a mold # on the bottom. 94 and its underlined. The numerals are about 3/4" tall. The style reminds me of a putnam fruit jar. You may be right, it might be 6 pints. I will post a base pic later on tonight. I will also try to open the bail to measure the volume but if it's being stubborn i won't force it.

Farmer

farmerdan

Reaction score
Ok well at this point in time, the rubber seal has everything pretty well fused together, so I measured the exterior volume by using a water displacement method. The 1 gallon plastic jug displaced slightly more than 2 pints more than the bottle when submerged to the waterline. Subtract the volume of the glass itself and it's probably closer to a 5 pint bottle. Good call!
Here's a pic of the base:

B6BD5ED7CFE6425CB8E82D1CC813CF06.jpg

Attachments

• B6BD5ED7CFE6425CB8E82D1CC813CF06.jpg
    B6BD5ED7CFE6425CB8E82D1CC813CF06.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 72

farmerdan

Reaction score
Note the difference in color - the last photo was taken in artificial light and the first two in natural. I would call the actual color just your normal aqua - maybe just a little more towards the blue range.
Glad to have sparked some interest with this one!

Farmer

btw John, Those old IH's are way cool! I worked a small organic botanical and vegetable farm years back, (hence my screen name) and we had a little baby one there- think it was a late '50s or early '60s. She ran like a watch! We used it to plow the little plots and for giving the kids hayrides at harvest time. My pop had owned a '31 International pickup during that same period of time. He sold it a few years ago to a guy who had a period-correct tow-rig for it. When he did the conversion and restoration on it he really did it justice - it came out incredible. He rides it in local parades, so I still get to see it once in awhile. I have pics somewhere of both. When I find em, Ill scan 'em up and put a post on general chat.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky