Cuff Torpedo

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glopf43

Reaction score
I recently got this from a local antique. When I bought it I did not know that there was a sailor embosed next to the ships wheel. Then I noticed a face barely visible. Then I could make out legs and a belt buckle. He is almost completely rubbed off! Questions; What year? What original content? How rare? Value? By the way, I sure like talken bottles with you all!

Hf99906.jpg

IRISH

Reaction score
Pre 1900 probably late 1890's, it's a soda water bottle. Rarity and value I don't know, it's most likely English, is there a town name embossed on it ?
They are great looking bottles torp's, a lot of really well embossed ones with great trade marks like yours out there.

glopf43

Reaction score
Thanks Irish, this one Manchester (England). I suppose since the sailor embossing is nearly "AWOL" it greatly reduces its value? If I had known the sailor was almost completely missing I would not have bought it. I have seen others since with a very nice imbossing.

grimdigger1

Reaction score
Very nice bottles although not that valuable approx $8.00 - $15.00 depending on condition
They were made to contain soda water or other fizzy drinks..and as irish stated dates circa 1890s
Cuff was one of the pioneers of the soda water industry starting his firm in 1801 around the time of Hamilton & Paul

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.