D.H. SMITH YONKERS, NEW YORK CODD

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

seaeo1

Reaction score
I found this one on top of an old rotten stump. Just staring at me. I thought I was dreaming. Only 16 states had codd bottles. 66 bottlers used codd bottles in the U.S.A. with about 270 known variations. 16 variations in N.Y. New Jersey (where I live) has no known codd bottles. Here is a link to a complete revised list of American codd bottlers and variations. This one is cataloged as #51494AB only 2 variations of D.H.Smith.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Got these two Long Island New York Codds a while back. Found one diving on Long Island.

Attachments

• Horton Codd 1.jpg
    Horton Codd 1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Horton Codd 2.jpg
    Horton Codd 2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 93

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Ha Haa! That's what I love the best about this hunting for old bottles! You find a sight, walk around for a bit, just as you're about to give it up for the day...BAM there it is smiling up at you as if to reward you for your diligence and time spent searching for it!
Ask you shall be given, Seek and you shall find, part of Matthew 7:7
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Got these two Long Island New York Codds a while back. Found one diving on Long Island.
Nice! Never did that before. Diving for bottles. Sweet Codds. I've said this before bottles and swimming? Where do i sign up!?
ROBBYBOBBY64.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
4 newly listed USA Codds will be added to my site www.sodasandbeers.com soon. This will bring the number to 149 Codd shaped bottles and 2 Hybrid Codds. The listing Dr. Muncy used, he got from me a long time ago and the listing has double since.

And Yes there are two NJ Codds known.
2 American Codd hydrids? Which ones? I looked on the site but couldn't figure out which 2 are hybrids. I love the torpedo bottoms on them. I also like Roorbach bottles. I frequent your site often, a wonderful resource. Thanks for the reply.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Last edited:

willong

Reaction score
I just realized this morning that the bottle because of it sitting in the sun although shaded ¾ of the year. Isaw through my less tired morning eyes that it is the lightest amethyst color (very faint). Also the Banner that contains all the embossing is held up by a rod with an arrow on each end.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Nice detail!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I found this one on top of an old rotten stump. Just staring at me. I thought I was dreaming. Only 16 states had codd bottles. 66 bottlers used codd bottles in the U.S.A. with about 270 known variations. 16 variations in N.Y. New Jersey (where I live) has no known codd bottles. Here is a link to a complete revised list of American codd bottlers and variations. This one is cataloged as #51494AB only 2 variations of D.H.Smith.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Thanks for the Codd info. looks like I missed this post somehow? Leon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu