Date Code Help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Eric

Reaction score
CokeSide.jpg
Coke Base.jpg

Asking the experts here... bottom of a embossed Coke bottle is this a 1964

hemihampton

Reaction score
no expert but looks like a 1964 bottle to me.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
The bottle was made by Chattanooga glass company. The C in a circle double lined or single lined like yours was used from 1901-1988. They made a lot of coke bottles. 64 is the year and the other numbers are plant number 2 and mold number 24

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Larger companies used mold numbers to trouble shoot bottles. Any errors can be isolated to a mold by it's mold number. The plant number is the plant used to manufacture the bottle. Chattanooga like owen used a different number for each of thier facilities.

Eric

Reaction score
Thanks... will pass the info along and give credit to this great site and folks!

Eric

Reaction score
I don't know where this guy was from... he was wanting to know the age of the bottle,,, but I bought a couple Spur bottles with the same bail looking stopper here in Missouri.. guessing they could be bought to help reseal the bottles of soda.. they don't have the twist bail that you
can't remove easy like you see on some .. these kinda snap/slide right on and off the bottle and seem to work
SpurBottles01.jpg

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
I don't know where this guy was from... he was wanting to know the age of the bottle,,, but I bought a couple Spur bottles with the same bail looking stopper here in Missouri.. guessing they could be bought to help reseal the bottles of soda.. they don't have the twist bail that you
can't remove easy like you see on some .. these kinda snap/slide right on and off the bottle and seem to work
View attachment 202911

10-4 those are pretty cool - reusable bail stoppers. I have yet to find any of those.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown