Date this Paper Label Pepsi?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Picked this almost full Pepsi up at an estate sale recently. I know that "N" in a square is Obear-Nester Glass Co. but can anyone give me a date? couldn't find anything at the usual bottlemarks sites.
DSCN2116x.JPG
DSCN2114x.JPG
DSCN2112x.JPG

yacorie

Reaction score
Not sure but love the full bottle and clean labels. I too would have grabbed it if I saw it.

iggyworf

Reaction score
I'm thinking early 1940's although I know nothin about that glass co.

Burkenhill

Reaction score
There are a couple of things to note on this bottle. The bottle is not the standardized wave bottle that was patented by Pepsi-Cola in 1940 so we can know that the bottle predates that. The labels, are the patriot Red white and blue colours which Pepsi adopted around the time the United States entered WWll so we can deduce that IF they are original labels on this bottle it would mean that the bottler continued using the non-standardized bottles which I'm sure some bottlers did till they got the new bottles in stock. The red and yellow crown was used on Pepsi bottles in the 1930's up till the transition to the patriotic colour change and we all know the US didn't enter the war till the Pearl Harbor bombing in December, 1941. So, the crown and the labels don't match. Here's hoping the seller didn't suggest to you that the contents in the bottle are original. No self respecting bottler would put a red and yellow 1930's crown on a bottle with red white and blue 1940's labels. The bottle is from the 1930's, the cap is from the mid 1930's to as late as 1941 and the labels are from post 1941.

Attachments

• patent for wave bottle.jpg
    patent for wave bottle.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 149

Bottle 2 Rocks

Reaction score
There are a couple of things to note on this bottle. The bottle is not the standardized wave bottle that was patented by Pepsi-Cola in 1940 so we can know that the bottle predates that. The labels, are the patriot Red white and blue colours which Pepsi adopted around the time the United States entered WWll so we can deduce that IF they are original labels on this bottle it would mean that the bottler continued using the non-standardized bottles which I'm sure some bottlers did till they got the new bottles in stock. The red and yellow crown was used on Pepsi bottles in the 1930's up till the transition to the patriotic colour change and we all know the US didn't enter the war till the Pearl Harbor bombing in December, 1941. So, the crown and the labels don't match. Here's hoping the seller didn't suggest to you that the contents in the bottle are original. No self respecting bottler would put a red and yellow 1930's crown on a bottle with red white and blue 1940's labels. The bottle is from the 1930's, the cap is from the mid 1930's to as late as 1941 and the labels are from post 1941.
A Frankenpepsi bottle

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
I bought a deco bottle once with an obvious wrong cap on it. I was suspicious. I opened the package when my wife and my neighbor were watching. I got the bottle out of the packing material. I said well, here is the big moment, as i pried the bottle top off the bottle. Sure enough! There was a big chip off the lip.

Another example of seller's greed.

I plan to never buy a bottle that has some bogus cap on it, or even the proper cap.

GRACE ABOUND

BIRD SWING
Reaction score
This Thread Was Not Written By Grace Abounds .Grace Abounds -
I bought a deco bottle once with an obvious wrong cap on it. I was suspicious. I opened the package when my wife and my neighbor were watching. I got the bottle out of the packing material. I said well, here is the big moment, as i pried the bottle top off the bottle. Sure enough! There was a big chip off the lip.

Another example of seller's greed.

I plan to never buy a bottle that has some bogus cap on it, or even the proper cap.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora