Death threat on eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
A little over a week ago, I sold two silver 1 OZ coins from my silver bar/coin collection. I guy in NY bought them both for $75, for his sons birthday. I sent the package, got it insured, and went about. He kept writing me messages asking when it was going to come, he needed them ASAP. Message after message, they never came and he got more and more hateful every time. This morning a message from him popped up and I thought "what's he got to say this time?[:D]". I clicked it and I was expecting him to be mad, as usual. Which he was. It was basically a death threat, saying he's a truck driver and he drives through my town once a week, and he has my address, name, phone number and he will find me. I reported him straight to eBay for threatening me, and told him to just calm down. Later on in the day and getting more p***ed off, we decided to report him to the New York Police Department tomorrow for what he wrote me. I emailed him an hour ago and sent a picture of the receipt, and said I will be reporting him to the police for threatening (murder) and other charges tomorrow morning. I get a message on my eBay account about 30 minutes ago saying I'm "Not fit for US selling standers" because I don't reply to my customers messages. WTF? This (scammer) guy sends me a death threat and eBay send me this, because I forgot to reply to some people's messages? I wrote on eBay's Facebook wall about the event and said if they hold me responsible I'll sue them. I don't know if this guy's joking about driving through my town or not, but still. His other messages sound legit, waiting for the package and asking when it's going to come every few days. I also had to change my Facebook name to "Annymo Guest" so he can't find me through there, and took screen shots with my Macbook of his message, payment and transaction. I still have the receipt too. And in the first place all I wanted to do is sell my silver Eagle and Maple to get the money in my Paypal so I can buy a bottle I wanted![8D]

AlexD

Reaction score
The exact message:

"i have not received my item, that i buyed from you. i know you lie to me all thetime if i don't get my item until saturday(dec-22-2012) or if you don't return my money to me until saturday(dec-22-2012) i swear to god i will find you and you will see who i really am. once a week, i pass through your city where you live because i am a truck driver, i will find you, i know your name, address, and phone number. one more time,please don' t make any problems to yourself and to me.please be fair and everything will be ok"

Asterx

Reaction score
Sheesh, thats a major pain, I'm sorry to hear about your uncomfortable dealings with this guy....

He's probably one of these characters who lets all convention fly when communicating on the internet just because hes faceless online and somewhat anonymous... it gives them folks a playground to unleash their pent up aggression when they cant in real life... Still, I wouldn't be letting my guard down too low. you never know. I hope it gets resolved soon for you.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
"Basically a death threat"? I think you read way more into things than they actually are. Did he say "I'm going to kill you."? If not, it's hardly a death threat.

If he is trying to scam you he seems to be going through a lot of trouble.....and you do buy and sell on ebay on two different names/accounts don't ya.......................?

So who's scamming who...........................maybe it's easy to blame the post office. In 53 years I've never had trouble from them and you twice in a short while, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

But bottom line................if someone said they were going to kill me over $75 bucks, I'd just give it to and chalk it up as learning experience. Then that's just me.

OR, you could wait/invite him over an shoot him...............problem solved.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis