Death threat on eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggerdirect

Reaction score
I'd say bottom line he bought & paid, its up to you to get them there or refund the guys money. ebay requires online trackability (I thought) but even if you cheaped out on that insurance over 50 bucks provides a tracking number, you seem to act like after it leaves your door its no longer your problem? NOT the best selling model.

I'd have to agree with another poster your 'death threat' seems abit paranoid on your part, the guys upset I would be to.

Al

diggerdirect

Reaction score
There will be a portion of the insurance form you as seller will need to complete as well before the claim can be paid. I've only ever had a couple insurance claims, one for loss and two for damage. I always refund the buyer and handle the claim myself. Damage claims get paid pretty quick but if I remember right loss claims have a 30 day or something waiting period, in case it got sent to the south pole or similar and may still show up eventually.
Probably be a pretty bummer of a B'day party for him & his son, unless hes got money to buy a replacement present while hes waiting for his refund. [:eek:]

Al

AlexD

Reaction score
We just got a new TV a few days ago, working on the printer[;)] Time we get all new electronics! We had actually bought a wireless printer from Staples a few months ago and ended up returning it. That thing was awful![:mad:] It just would not work right!

I know. I'd be fairly upset if that happened to me too. I told him a good three times we can collect the insurance on it[&:] I guess he just doesn't want anything to do with it anymore. Sad...[&o] Hope none of you all are doubting me now[;)]

surfaceone

Reaction score
santa_facepalm_by_ruzhna-d4absle.jpg

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
If the package had delivery conformation, there would a record of it being delivered, with a time stamp, even if it went to the wrong town. I have used this feature to determine package theft, which is SO common at this time of year. Arrests are made daily in my area for this act. They follow the FedEx, UPS or USPS trucks around, and take the stuff right off the steps. A package to our in-laws was time stamped with a 4pm delivery, but when they brought the mail in at 4:30, no package.
To be delivered to the wrong town, the address would still have to match (for example there would have to be a 123 Main St in the wrong town). I have over the 40 years in the hobby had packages find my address, with the wrong zip code but the right town, or the wrong town but the right zip code. All had the proper street address though, and it took some considerable time as my street address is not common.
If the address would not match up (for example no 123 Main St in the wrong town. AND the wrong towns Zip is on the package) then it will come back to you as "Unknown Address", if your return address is on it and is correct.
IF your return address is for some reason no good, lets say smudged and not readable, it goes to the Dead Letter Office. They will open it and try to determine either the sender or recipient, which is why a letter with either your address, or the recipients address attached to the item is a wise move. I did one time have a package delivered to me via this means. The package was damaged in handling, and to make the story short, the PO repacked it and using the letter inside, sent it to me.
The persons name on the package means nothing, it is all by the street address, unless it is sent Registered Mail with Restricted Delivery. By using this service, ONLY the person named on the package can sign for it and receive it. They have to show ID to get it, and you receive a receipt in the mail with the signature. Have had to use this service over the years to put the kabosh on some issues, very effective.
Now, you said it is/was insured. Not sure if the USPS still does this, as my wife is home when the mail comes, but in the past, if a package was insured, you had to sign for it at the PO, IF no one was home. Like I said, not sure if the USPS still does that, but it used to be insured packages were NOT left unattended at the address by the USPS. This is why to this day I use the USPS for my packages. I Signed for at least a thousand packages over the years, both for work and personal as my PO is between my work and home.
Please note that UPS and FedEx will leave packages at the front door, insured or not. The USPS will leave uninsured packages at the door.
Sadly in this day and age, theft in both packages and the USPS can be rampant, with gift cards perhaps the most stolen item of all..........

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky