Delaware Punch..from Vancouver BC..who knew?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Ok I think I know that photo. You know about those Rumming bottles that are in Wayne's picture he has the bottles shown newest to oldest...that sort of threw me off! Wayne's site has a pic of that old Nanaimo Bottling works ACL...I've never seen another.. I have the embossed 7oz, you know the one? and the bottle cap ACL 10oz and 28oz.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah I have the white on red ACL but never seen another red on white one. There's also a clear one that exists. I think it's white on red. When you say the embossed 7 oz you mean the one with the shield, right? There's also an embossed 7 oz rumoured to exist which is much older and was used alongside my embossed 10 oz, which looks like the early 10 oz Rumming's at the bottom of Wayne's page, but says Nanaimo Bottling Works/Nanaimo B.C. A local collector mentioned that one to me once but I've never seen one.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes My bottle is the Same as the 7oz at the bottom of the page. That red sheild is cool and I see he shows a reverse colors one beside it. Well thing is just when you think you've seen it all...bam!...something shows up that knocks your socks off!..lolYou know I'd like to have an ACl like that 30oz with the yellow sheild & orange hilights...in a 7 or 12 oz!!! A guy can dream right...that has to be a tough label to find.

Canadacan

Reaction score
I recently discovered another Canadian city that carried Delaware Punch... well they actually Bottled it!..I'm sure many Canadian cities did but the quest for more city marked bottles continues. This is the link to the Red Deer Bottling Co Ltd.http://www.reddeerbottling.com/briefhistory.htmIt is one of the few Coca-Cola franchises left in Canada...now where is that Red Deer city marked Delaware Punch Bottle! [;)]...with a Red Deer Bottling Co. Ltd. crown [:D]

tsims

Reaction score
Yeah, Nanaimo Bottling distributed to the central and north island as well, I found a passage in a book that confirms that. There weren't many bottling companies on the central and north island anyway, only one I can think of at the moment is Gold Star Bottling in Courtenay, which I think went out of business too early anyway. Actually I just remembered, I have another Seven Up bottle, one from Seven Up Kelowna. Now that's a weird one, entirely embossed and clear. I'm thinking it probably didn't actually contain Seven Up.And those Gray bottles are great! I especially like the Edmonton one, even if I don't collect prairie bottles. I wonder if anything was actually bottled in these. The 1978 bottle actually contained Seven Up but those two look like they don't have a specific product listed.And here's something weird I just found online, a much more recent bottle from Seven Up Vancouver, definitely post-Gray Beverages: http://kpolsson.com/forsale/7up03.htm I can't think of how to explain that one.
I have two 7up bottles that say Nanaimo Bottling Works on the back they are both 7oz

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I have two 7up bottles that say Nanaimo Bottling Works on the back they are both 7oz
I've got one of those too, is yours a shield bottle as well? I've never seen any swimsuit bottles from them.

tsims

Reaction score
The other two bottlers that could have Bottled 7up were 'Island bottling' and 'Goodwill Bottling' but I see no bottles with the names?...they were both around from the early 50's to the late 60's. The Nanaimo bottling designation on the back of the bottles was gone by about 1957 I think?... I have a 1955 7oz with it and a 1957 7oz with out a city...my 1954 10oz also has no city.Those 12oz are tough suckers to get...I came across a couple last year but never got them as the lables were badly faded :(.... hmmm got to pat attention to that neck ACL it's probably unique to the 12oz...and that bottle has to date somewhere between 1954 and say 60?... no earlier than 54 as that was when that label was introduced acording to the date codes on bottles I have.Ok now I really want one!..lol.....keep your eyes peeled for a 16oz...did I say 16oz?...yes!...It's just a therory at this point but It may exsist. I was corrosponding with a fellow in Maine and talking Pepsi ACl bottle sizes and I acknoledged that we do have 12oz bottles but not 16oz....but guess what we do!...was going through my bottles a few days back and found I have a 16oz Two-Way!...totally forgot I had it..has a date code of 1960.I have to email him and correct myself...and speaking of that the 7up cap I said was a 4 bubble is a 5 buble, it's a tiny one and I missed it because there is a scratch beside it.
Is it the 7 oz 7up bottle with nanaimo on the back you are discussing? I have an extra one if interested.

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
One thing I like about Delaware Punch is the differently designed and decorated punchbowls on the underside.

Some are rather plain, while others are very fancy.

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Is it the 7 oz 7up bottle with nanaimo on the back you are discussing? I have an extra one if interested.
Thanks.....I have one already, it just came up in the discussion....cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp