Demijohns Wanted

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhglass

Reaction score
I am looking to buy demijohns. Cylinder shapes in unusual colors and sizes , Kidney shaped, Apple shaped, etc, any help would be appreciated.

botlguy

Reaction score
This request brings a question to my mind. It has been discussed before but: "What is the MINIMUM size of a Demijohn"? What is the minimum size you are looking for? My dictionary is very indifinitive.

nhglass

Reaction score
I really have no minumum size that I am looking for. The smallest demijohn I have is a 9 inches blown Stoddard made one which I acquired from Michael George.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello nhglass, I jut went to your member page - because I had seen your request for demijohns before and I didn't get in touch with you then. I don't know if you have been to my homepage or not. I have a little blog of information there on some of my demijohn evaluations.
> I would venture to say that I think the little 9" Stoddard demi you got from Michael George, is probably a starter for their size - and then it no doubt is classed as a demi because of it's shape.
> I have collected quite a few demijohns for my studies of their blowing details and marks.
> I noticed your Member Details list isn't very complete. nh could mean New Hampshire but you request for OGW demijohns make me think your are in California.
> I am going to start putting together a list of my demi's here in NY and will be back to you later. when I know more about your points of interest.
RED Matthews email <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com>
Home page below on here!

nhglass

Reaction score
Hello Red, I live in California ( I am a California native) and collect New Hampshire glass , thus the nhglass name. I also collect demijohns from any region in the USA. Thank You for your input, I appreciate it very much. I would love to see what you have acquired over the years !!!!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I have some odd color ones sitting around.
If I get a chance I will try to take some photos outside.
Its tough to get the color to represent the items well.
I hate shipping these things. That's why I stopped buying them.

nhglass

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

I have some odd color ones sitting around.
If I get a chance I will try to take some photos outside.
Its tough to get the color to represent the items well.
I hate shipping these things. That's why I stopped buying them.
I would appreciate any help in finding more for my collection, thank you. I have the same problem when I have tried to photograph my demijohns, its very hard to capture the actual color. I am buying and not selling but I can imagine the difficulty in sending them .

botlguy

Reaction score
Here's one that is available but the pictures do not show the color or crudeness well. It's in about perfect condition. How's $50.00 shipped sound?

CE7839C57911484CB0BC182ED51684A5.jpg

It's just over 12 inches tall, applied collar, smooth base.

Attachments

• CE7839C57911484CB0BC182ED51684A5.jpg
    CE7839C57911484CB0BC182ED51684A5.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 78

nhglass

Reaction score
Hi, I just sent you an e-mail, thanks for the photo.

botlguy

Reaction score
I am informed that this bottle is MEXICAN glass. Can't argue, don't know myself but it seems possible / likely, certainly doesn't appear to be American. If that is correct, what is something like this worth? What would anyone be willing to offer? Anything like it selling on eBay? (Don't know where to begin to look.)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis