Didn't expect to find this when looking for bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slugplate

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by the color of the glass. I looks like a light butterscotch color in the photo. Basically speaking, maybe it got irradiated from sitting out for so long. To me, it looks like early 20th century, possibly 1900-1910, and appears to have a Victorian influence. However, this is only my best guess. It is a terrific piece.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by the color of the glass. I looks like a light butterscotch color in the photo. Basically speaking, maybe it got irradiated from sitting out for so long. To me, it looks like early 20th century, possibly 1900-1910, and appears to have a Victorian influence. However, this is only my best guess. It is a terrific piece.
Yes it definitely has that tone. It's not completely clear. That is about the time period I was guessing also. Actually I ended up just selling it on Ebay. I figured it will go to someone who can fix it up nice the way it was.

Relicdigger16

Reaction score
Part of the fun of searching for bottles is sometimes you find something out of the ordinary. I came across this old oil lamp bottle and was surprised it had no damage whatsoever. With that handle it looks like a genie bottle. Can anyone estimate the date of this? Or the approximate value.
View attachment 191334
Looks like Civil War Era. Something an officer would have in his tent.
NIce find.
RelicDigger16

slugplate

Reaction score
Yes it definitely has that tone. It's not completely clear. That is about the time period I was guessing also. Actually I ended up just selling it on Ebay. I figured it will go to someone who can fix it up nice the way it was.
I've only found parts to old oil lanterns, but you really had a unique piece there. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say that came from a well-to-do family. Way too ornate for the average family back then.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I've only found parts to old oil lanterns, but you really had a unique piece there. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say that came from a well-to-do family. Way too ornate for the average family back then.
Thinking back, I suppose I should have just kept it. But just don't have the room to keep everything anymore. Sometimes I'd rather pass something onto a place where it can get all fixed up, displayed, and enjoyed.

slugplate

Reaction score
Thinking back, I suppose I should have just kept it. But just don't have the room to keep everything anymore. Sometimes I'd rather pass something onto a place where it can get all fixed up, displayed, and enjoyed.
I understand that completely. I've become so selective with my finds that I leave bottles behind or just sell them. If I find ones that I have doubles or triplicates of, I leave them where others can find them... but far away from where I find them, LOL.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado