Difference

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

opmustard

Reaction score
What is the difference between a CD 120 and a CD 121? I can't tell the difference.
Also, what does CD stand for?
opmustard
I became curious and looked at insulators on ebay. It was very confusing. Ebay is not a good place to look at insulators?

nydigger

Reaction score
CD stands for Consolidated Design. Alot of times diffences in CD can be just in the embossing or slight differences in dimension you may not see with the naked eye. The best thing you can have if you are going to start collecting is a price guide, but it is much more than prices, it gets down into the details of insulators. Great learning tool it is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

opmustard

Reaction score
Thank you for that information, now I know a CD stands for.
Can you please tell me what (if any) what the difference between a CD 120 and a CD 121 is, I can't tell the difference?
opmustard

nydigger

Reaction score
Thank you for that information, now I know a CD stands for.
Can you please tell me what (if any) what the difference between a CD 120 and a CD 121 is, I can't tell the difference?
opmustard
I will check the illustrations in my guide when I get home

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BillinMo

Reaction score
CD 120 is smaller than 121. Here's a photo of the two. CD 121 is on the left, CD 120 on the right.

Attachments

• CD 121 and 120.JPG
    CD 121 and 120.JPG
    738.5 KB · Views: 125

BillinMo

Reaction score
Generally, CD 120 is about 3 3/8 inch tall and 2 3/8 inch wide. CD 121 is about 3 3/4 tall and 2 1/2 inch wide... but DON"T take that literally. There can be a lot of variations in height and width.

There's a learning curve to using CD numbers, so don't fret about figuring it out right away.

opmustard

Reaction score
Thank you for the all the information about the CD 120 &121's.
I've collecting bottles for a long time now. But I must say that I really like the CD 120 & 121's. There are other CDS that I like, but don't know what CDs they are.
I 've had these CDS for awhile and never really looked at them. When I put them up in lights to photograph them, I must say that I was really taken back by the way they looked.
I looked on ebay to see what was up for sale and get an idea what the different types of CDS were like. Like bottles, the price range was all over the place. I saw a dark amber CD 121 and really felt like buying it, but not knowing anything about CD prices, I stopped myself.
I'll guess I'll have to study up on CDS before I buy any.
The small CDS that I showed on the website, I'll definitely sell, but the 120 & 121s I'll keep.
opmustard

treeguyfred

Reaction score
my suggestion for all that are curious about insys is a site called ICON - Insulator Collectors Onthe Net - huge website with unbelievable amount of info and a cadre of well informed and experienced insy collectors. it was Bill Meyers' baby but there are a ton of folk there with decades of knowledge and many used to be in glass forming.

opmustard

Reaction score
Thank you for the website. A ton of information (so much that it will take a little while to just view it.)
opmustard

treeguyfred

Reaction score
my suggestion for all that are curious about insys is a site called ICON - Insulator Collectors Onthe Net - huge website with unbelievable amount of info and a cadre of well informed and experienced insy collectors. it was Bill Meyers' baby but there are a ton of folk there with decades of knowledge and many used to be in glass forming.
I regret that I mispelled Bill's last name Meier

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac