Diggers, I'm looking for bottles with these marks on bottom

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DavidW

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for bottles actually made in Louisville, Kentucky, at several glass factories that operated there in the late 19th century. Many of these bottles are just ordinary, rather unremarkable "utility" type bottles that are otherwise "slick" except for the base embossing. For instance, Worchestershire type bottles, bluing or ginger, round chemical bottles, and other household types. The marks I am looking for are these:

KY. G. W.
KY.G.W.CO.
KY.G.CO.

SOU G WS.
S.G.W.
S.G.W. LOU KY
S.G.Co.

F.C.G.Co.
F.C.G.C.

Some diggers have dug these and never gave them much notice if there was only a mark on the bottom but nothing on the sides. If anyone has one of these that they might be willing to get rid of, please send me a private message. (I even buy shards of bottles if it is from a bottle or mold variant I don't have.) Thanks! David

AllieAlford

Reaction score
Hello! I live in Louisville and recently dug one of these bottles. It is marked KY G W. It is my favorite find to date! I will let you know if I find any others! I don’t think I could get rid of the one I found at the moment. If you come across any early Waterfill and Frazier whiskey bottles, please let me know! I would be willing to trade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky