Diggin' on the 4th.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
Well I went for a bit today. I found a few more bits to my White's & Sons of Utica crock. Not to much to show but some decent quality. I do have to say this is the first time I've gotten Blue Balls at the dump. Well 2 Blue Balls and a trademark Improved Mason with original lid and contents. [:'(]
IMG_5078.jpg

Here's a shot of the majority of the haul.
IMG_5084_1.jpg

Anyone know anything about this blue jar? Quart Bromo? No embossing on it and its just a bit taller then the amber one I dug on Friday that is the same shape.
IMG_5090_1.jpg

Here's a close up of yet another local bottle that I've never seen before. I like this dump.
IMG_5087_1.jpg

I dug this dark amber Glover's Mange med today and decided to take a side by side comparison of the same bottle from last weeks dig.
IMG_5093_1.jpg
and that concludes my finds from today. Oh wait where'd my beer bottle close up go? Swiz [8|]

swizzle

Reaction score
Ok between me, my camera and my computer one of us had a brain fart and I'm blaming it on the equipment. well here she is. My first real Blob Top from this dump and she's a nicely embossed ladies leg brewhaha. I like it. Swiz [:)]

A81C79A6FB884717BC3809FC39DCB2BD.jpg

Attachments

• A81C79A6FB884717BC3809FC39DCB2BD.jpg
    A81C79A6FB884717BC3809FC39DCB2BD.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 58

epackage

Reaction score
Love those diagonals, alot of Jersey towns have them but none from Paterson....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

swizzle

Reaction score
I think she's a perty one. I just like saying, Blob Top, Ladies Leg Brewhaha!! How common are ladies leg beers in general? I never dug one before and was just wondering. Swiz

nhpicker

Reaction score
Your really doing well in that place Swiz. I find myself logging in here more and more just to see what your gonna turn up next.

GREAT DIGS!

KBbottles

Reaction score
You are digging fantastic stuff my friend!! Love those older milks your pulling!! Everything is awesome! Lots of good color your finding too. Congrats and keep it up!!

swizzle

Reaction score
Its a Burnett's Standard Flavoring Extract from Boston, Joe. Its a crack and smack special at my next yard sale. Free with the purchase of another bottle.

Thanx, NHPicker. This dump has been something else. I pulled almost all the pieces of a 2 gallon crock out today and I think the base to a butter churn. I'm still hoping to find the rest of that one. Nothing special today, A slade bottle, My Wife's Salad Dressing and some slicks. I did find a cool little whatsit that I'll post eventually. I'm due for another good bottle from there real soon. I probably won't be back there until Friday though. 3 days in a row and my back and shoulders are starting to ache a bit. I'm down 7 feet and finally hitting dirt. I'm only half way up the hill. The going is slowed down to a snails crawl because of the new task of overburden removal. My next trick is to move my hole sideways about 15 feet and then work a 20+ foot wide hole to the top of the hill. Before all is said and done a rather large tree will fall. I want to dig this right and dig it from the bottom to the top. That's the best way to find everything. The main problem I'm having now is rusted out milk cans, tin, gas tanks, and at the start of this hole a 250 gallon oil tank with a tree growing through it. What a pile of metal this place has.

KB, your package has been delayed yet again. I got to the post office on Saturday but the main window closed at 11am and I was there at noon. They're open until 1pm to check your P.O. Boxes. Tomorrow morning it'll go out. If you think I'm bringing home some decent stuff then you should see the busted stuff. [:eek:] I was told today that if the one piece was whole it would sell for $1,500+. I pulled a seltzer top out today that looked like it was teal blue. Very cool color. Swiz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26