Discovered a Big, Juicy, (previously) Un-Dug TOC Dump Full of Peoria Bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brains

Reaction score
look at that layer...
...lookin' forward to the heart of the garbage, when you get to it
oh, also, when you find the heart... make sure you pop out of the tunnel and yell that you've found the heart of garbage- that should confuse anyone within earshot

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata
...to share that with my father made it so much more special.

That makes a great dig site even better. Look forward to seeing all the goodies as you find them, and be careful out there.

deacon_frost

Reaction score
Glad to see you found a honey hole there Plummy, man that crug (crock/jug) is a strange feller hence the reason I like it. Hope the spot serves you well for a long time Plummy

GEEMAN

Reaction score
Cool beans man. Can't wait to see how this pans out for you. It's a lot like trying to find sites to hunt arrowheads = time and effort and a positive attitude. On a side note, I miss that big anique mall that closed up in Peoria. Do you know if they opened another one or any other decent shops in the area ? Thanks

rockbot

Reaction score
Yo Plumb, you got me at the edge of my chair with this story. Congrats on a successful scout and about with Pops
and to seal the deal with "The bottomless pit" is just plain awesome!
Good for you man!

Be Safe!

surfaceone

Reaction score
582491_10102199360989760_1799255342_n.jpg

Zounds & Odds Bodkins, Plumby,

Thanks for taking us so engagingly along on this frozen voyage of discovery! This is gonna be a great ride, I just know it...

I gotta axe you about this scratcher / digging tool. Looks like a custom made creation. Was it part of the Bionic Digger Project of yore?

I'm eagerly staying tuned.

bollock.jpg

MINNESOTA DIGGER

Reaction score
good luck in your dump here is something to think about , i would save the scrap metal you find it will pay for your gas . but the best thing about taking in the old rusty ugly looking tin . is it the dump will look a lot better when you are done and it will not be as big of eyesore , and if anyone asks what you are doing your going green !. i bring a 5 gallon pail with me . fill it with iron & get more, scrap iron in minnesota is at 200.00 a ton they will buy it if it sticks to a magnet . anyways the money will add up and i have bought several rare bottles with scrap metal money . i have been in dumps that have yielded $ 1,000 + a year out of a dump copper is near 3.00 a lb and brass is 2.00 all old hutch stoppers are yellow brass

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado