Dixie Bottling Works or Golden Dixie Bottling Works?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with these bottles from Cleveland, TN? I assume they were sodas of some sort, but really have no knowledge besides that. I really wish the amber one wasn't broken, but I found both in the same area, so maybe there is a complete one close by.
IMG-7210.jpg
IMG-7211.jpg
IMG-7212.jpg
IMG-7213.jpg
IMG-7214.jpg
IMG-7215.jpg

Hezezilla

Reaction score
I've seen these on the YouTube channel "Adventure Archeology". They're based out of Birmingham Alabama and they've also done videos out in Tennessee. If I remember correctly, they were slug plate crown-top sodas. Kind of common but still somewhat sought after. Could be wrong tho.

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
I've seen these on the YouTube channel "Adventure Archeology". They're based out of Birmingham Alabama and they've also done videos out in Tennessee. If I remember correctly, they were slug plate crown-top sodas. Kind of common but still somewhat sought after. Could be wrong tho.
I believe that is a different Dixie since AppalachianNomad's bottle says it's from Cleveland, Tn. Probably was a early 1910s crown top though.

Hezezilla

Reaction score
I believe that is a different Dixie since AppalachianNomad's bottle says it's from Cleveland, Tn. Probably was a early 1910s crown top though.
I just messaged Adventure Archeology on FB asking about whether they've found any and as to whether they know some history on it. We'll see if they get back to me. Idk, I live in Hawaii so everything I say is second hand info from people I talk to online.

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
I just messaged Adventure Archeology on FB asking about whether they've found any and as to whether they know some history on it. We'll see if they get back to me. Idk, I live in Hawaii so everything I say is second hand info from people I talk to online.
Alright, that's a good idea to send him a message. I've looked online for some info on the company, all I've found is a Worthpoint sale. I don't have an account so I don't know what it sold for though.

Reaction score
I went back this weekend and found another piece that gave me more detail of the circle slug. The bottles are Golden Dixie Bottling Works (before I didn't know if it was simply Dixie Bottling Works.) Sadly, I haven't found a whole bottle yet because the creek these are coming from is very rocky.

IMG-7415.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac