Does Anyone Have a Need for Map Overlays or Custom Maps?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Hmm I could not find older than 1926 at first glance. I might have to try searching deeper on google for this one

HOWEVER, this map looks really really interesting to me from L.O.C. 1859 (maybe useful for privy diggers):

Interesting, I've seen similar maps from similar time frame but none that covered that much area all in one map. I see a few Ghost Towns I'm familiar with on that map. THANKS, LEON.

kylese

Reaction score
Due to a lack of functionally-decent and free old maps online, I recently started making maps to help me quickly pinpoint various structures.

Would anyone here would have a need for them? Just trying to get a feel of the need for this type of product.

Lidar maps allow one to find structures/paths underneath the tree cover and the overlays allow one to easily compare the stated locations of old buildings with the most current (or older) satellite views.

1. I can make custom Lidar maps to specification with a quicker turnaround time.

2. I also currently make Old Map/Google Earth Overlays. These are trickier to make depending on the map. I can make these with medium turnaround time.

3. Future state I have a lot of different ideas for maps that allow the user to quickly find the spot they're looking for ;)

Attached you can find two tiny samples of my work-A sanborn/Earth overlay and a Lidar map.
I am in SF Bay Area. I would be willing to pay to figure out dig spots in Bay Area or foothills that haven’t been dug. Is that what you do? Kyle

mrcure

Reaction score
I am in SF Bay Area. I would be willing to pay to figure out dig spots in Bay Area or foothills that haven’t been dug. Is that what you do? Kyle
Hey Kyle @kylese ,

I have actually never been to California nor do I know of any dig sites there.

What I offer is the ability to help you find dig sites in general areas you already know. For example, I have had others give me old logging maps and I will give them back an "overlay" using modern google earth images that shows them exactly where the old logging camp is.

I would recommend starting with sanborn maps of any local city you can find, and what I could do is show you where the old outhouses might be located.

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Hello there, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Would you be able to make me some maps of Matachawan Ontario area? I'm looking for logging camps, sawmills, cabins, and mines. I have found quite a lot just exploring, but if you could locate more that would be great. Also maps of the specific sites would be helpful, so I can locate dumps, buildings, mine shafts, out houses and anything else of interest. Me and my family own Argyle Lake Lodge on Argyle Lake and I am interested in anything on the lake or near our camp. So far I haven't been able to find much, but there was lots of prospecting done right where we live and it would probably date back to the 1930s maybe older, like most of the sites do. I think some of our cabins were built in the 70s. If you could help me find a dump right here where we are that would be amazing! I know there's a cabin on the island that was probably built in the 30s and a smaller one at the back of the lake that was probably built in the 40s or 50s. I don't know if there was any cabins where our lodge is, but there's a good chance there is. Any help is greatly appreciated. Anything you can find in Argyle township or any of the surrounding townships would be very helpful. We ride ATVs for hours in one direction, so don't worry about us getting there. If you can find it on a map we can find it in the woods.

Thanks,
-Austin Priddle

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
If you need me to search for maps on the internet I might be able to find some, but you probably know better than me what to look for. If you need to know where my sites are let me know and I can probably provide coordinates. Or just tell you where it is/take a screenshot of my markers.

LegendK

Reaction score
Due to a lack of functionally-decent and free old maps online, I recently started making maps to help me quickly pinpoint various structures.

Would anyone here would have a need for them? Just trying to get a feel of the need for this type of product.

Lidar maps allow one to find structures/paths underneath the tree cover and the overlays allow one to easily compare the stated locations of old buildings with the most current (or older) satellite views.

1. I can make custom Lidar maps to specification with a quicker turnaround time.

2. I also currently make Old Map/Google Earth Overlays. These are trickier to make depending on the map. I can make these with medium turnaround time.

3. Future state I have a lot of different ideas for maps that allow the user to quickly find the spot they're loking for ;)

Attached you can find two tiny samples of my work-A sanborn/Earth overlay and a Lidar map.

LegendK

Reaction score

3. Future state I have a lot of different ideas for maps that allow the user to quickly find the spot they're looking for ;)

How can I get more information...? I maybe interested

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madelaineolivia