Does anyone know this guy??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flint_illustrator

Reaction score
I bought a bottle off ebay from a Larry A. Levy from Mahanoy, PA. He goes by "mahanoy1" on ebay. He never shipped out my bottle I paid for, yeah it was only a $15.99 bottle but thats beside the point! Then when I tell him Im getting a hold of ebay his reply was "Go ahead tough guy" Then I call him tonight about where the bottle was and I get told to "GO F*** MY MOTHER" I dont know if this is where to go to post this type of stuff but I dont take lightly to people screwing me over, even if it was for $15.99!

flint_illustrator

Reaction score
I ended up leaving him negitive feedback and put exactly what his response was to me in the feedback for others to see. Pretty pisted about it...

botlguy

Reaction score
I did an eBay search for this guy and didn't find anything. I would file a claim with eBay right away, they usually offer a guarantee. In the mean time, how about posting a link to the auction or at least give an item number. Jim

botlguy

Reaction score
I did something different and found the auction, checked his feedback. Something's not right about this, his feedback would indicate he's O.K. Please tell us the whole story, how many times you contacted him, what was your demeanor / attitude when you contacted him? Were you polite, giving him the benefit of doubt or did you rag on him from the get go? Inquiring minds want to know. Jim

flint_illustrator

Reaction score
No, I won the auction, Paid for the bottle and never recieved a notice that the bottle has been shipped, or a tracking number. I wait several days after I paid (5 days to be exact) and message him and said"Has this bottle been shipped yet"His response: "Its packaged for shipment for tomorrow" (tomorrow being Saturday)My reply back: Okay, Please send tracking number when its on its way please. Thank you very much for the reply"His reponse "Will do" Then today (Tuseday) still no tracking number, nothing. Thats when I messaged him about contacting ebay...His responce: "Go ahead tough guy"So tonight I call him and ask "Where is my bottle and why havent I gotten a tracking number yet"His responce: "I havent shipped it because the bottle broke so your not getting it" then said "Go f*** your mother" after I asked him why he couldnt have just told me that to begin with.... Im not the one in the wrong here botlguy. Im just giving others a heads up of how I got treated with this guy.

botlguy

Reaction score
Thank you, I certainly wasn't trying to put the blame on you. As an eBay seller I know how some buyers can be. As an eBay buyer I also know how some sellers can be. It usually shows up in their feedback but not always. Contact eBay with your complaint and you should at least get your money back. Good Luck. Jim

flint_illustrator

Reaction score
botlguy, Oh I know you wasnt trying to blame me by all means. I have contacted ebay and did get a refund back for the full amout. (which is good) but I wanted the bottle. I guess that one was not ment to be. Maybe I'll come across another from someone else. Hopefully. I have heard that sometime if a bottle doesnt go for what the seller wants it to go for sometime this happens. I was the only bidder and won it at the starting bid. If he wanted more for it he should have started the starting price higher. Then he wouldnt have had to pretty much screw someone over that is just trying to get a bottle for his collection.

botlguy

Reaction score
This one gets curiouser and curiouser. (I know that is not really a word) I just rechecked his feedback and your negative feedback has disappeared. He still has a 100% positive rating. eBay does some really underhanded stuff, especially to protect sellers. I agree that these forums should alert other members but we also need to make sure we are FAIR. That has been my point here and I have no quarrel with you. Jim

flint_illustrator

Reaction score
Well, my negitive feedback responce was "Never recieved my bottle I paid for, His responce was "Go F*** your mother" Thats what I put. If ebay deleted it then so be it. Who ever dont believe my story, so be it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis