Donkey drawn garbage cart.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I was down at my favorite garbage dump spot along the river. Digging in the bank i came across a metal horseshoe. It is a small one and i think is probably from the donkey that used to pull the cart. I say that not only because of the size but by the wear on the shoe. The poor guy who wore this shoe suffered from mid line imbalance, causing excessive wear to the inside of the shoe. Not sure how well they were cared for,but chances are they weren't. What do you all think?
IMG_20200421_125346.jpg

The next picture i am posting is a late 1800's cast iron toy I won at auction. It was from the private collection of Noah Beery Jr. Who play Jim Rockford's father in the rockford files. He had an extensive collection of cast iron toys that he cherished. They were hot items and were heavily bid on. I feel lucky to have one. It is a donkey pulling the DPW cart. It also dumps.
IMG_20200421_130007.jpg

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
That’s a cool toy in great condition
Thanks to Noah. He kept them on display in his home in california. He maintained them well. They auctioned off cast iron fire trucks circus carts, stagecoaches all in amazing condition for being toys.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Thanks, the stagecoach is 12 inches long and 5 inches In height. It has a ring between the horses where a piece of string was attached and pulled by a young child. Kids were a lot stronger than nowadays. It is not as old as the donkey.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94