Double neck jug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

drbiner

Reaction score
I aquired this recently. Found in a rural area. Does anyone know what it is? I suspect it is some sort of labware. It is free blown with applied lips. It has an iron pontil on the bottom and another pontil in the center of the top. No bubbles in glass. Any help is appreciated. [8D]

Fd93316.jpg

Attachments

• Fd93316.jpg
    Fd93316.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 70

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi drbiner, welcome to the forum.

I'd say your right that this item is some sort of chemistry apparatus, obviously quite early with a pontil scar. Can you post a close up of the pontil mark on top ? I've never heard of one top and bottom before [;)] .

drbiner

Reaction score
A chemist friend of mine said he thought it is some sort of fermentation jug, specifically a 'bioreactor'. Anyway, here is another photo- you can just see the iron pontil mark on the bottom and a glass nipple on the top center (pontil?). I've browsed the web for similar labware but found nothing like it.[:-] Whatever it is I'm quite pleased with it!

Us53552.jpg

Attachments

• Us53552.jpg
    Us53552.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 77

Tony14

Reaction score
That is a very interesting piece and I agree on it being something to do with chemistry. The overall crudeness of the glass makes it look like it is very old but I'm not sure. hopefully someone else can help you.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1