Douglas Drug Co. Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deracrow

Reaction score
New to this Forum. Please excuse any nomenclature I misuse, I am not very familiar with Bottle Collecting. I have been going through boxes in my long deceased mothers shed, she was the bottle person. I was always into anything "old" but mostly Model T Fords and was always looking in old dumps and arroyo's for parts so I found a lot of the bottles she had. We lived in a old mining town in the mountains of southern New Mexico so my brother, sister and I were always around old mines and structures so my mother had a lot of old bottles we found.
I have gotten interested in bottles since going through the boxes. Looking on the internet most were common bottles. This one I could not find much on. It is embossed "Douglas Drug Co. Toilet Lotion". Is this perhaps a house brand for a drug store in Douglas Arizona which is on the southern border of Arizona? This would seem like a likely place since we are on the southern Border of New Mexico not terrifically far away.
The bottom mark is (I think from the internet) Tatum, but is not exactly like anything I found. It has the T W Co and USA under it. But it also has a inverted Chevron with a possible small H over a W on it.

Attachments

• ddem.JPG
    ddem.JPG
    265.6 KB · Views: 121
  • dd2em.JPG
    dd2em.JPG
    349.2 KB · Views: 103
  • dd3bem.JPG
    dd3bem.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 116
  • dd6a1em.JPG
    dd6a1em.JPG
    517.4 KB · Views: 106
  • dd1em.JPG
    dd1em.JPG
    379 KB · Views: 105

nhpharm

Reaction score
That is exactly where that is from and it is a very good bottle for the Arizona collectors, I believe.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp