Dr Flaggs Cough & Lung Syrup

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Monsonant

Reaction score
Hello Friends , So very happy to have found this forum . I am located in New England and have been digging , buying and selling bottles for close to 40 years. I am a collector of Minerals and Westford .. Willington and Coventry bottles . I have a fair amount of bottle knowledge and Looking forward to participating in the forum . I should add that I am an expert in the field of Antique Marbles. These show up a lot when digging and I will be happy to help all with any info I can as time allows. Being new here I would guess that any posts on this subject should be made to the Unexpected Discoveries Forum.
I have included a photo of a New Hampshire Labeled Medicine I recently found . I have not seen this before and was wondering if anyone else has . Also trying to get an idea of how scarce it might be . Embossing reads ... A J Flagg MD
Physician & Surgeon . It was prepaired by N E Reed & Co Newport NH

Thanks Dave Anderson

Pn37853.jpg

Attachments

• Pn37853.jpg
    Pn37853.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 72

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum Dave !
I don't have any info on your med! But , I sure do like it with the word surgeons embossed on it and with the original label !
The label looks to be in nice condition also.
Thanks for sharing your pic , Brian

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi Dave and welcome to the forum . It's always great to see a fellow mineral and bottle collector! I dont know much about that great looking med specimen of yours, but I did see you collect coventry... I half a 1/2 pint sheaf flask with a unusual top and thought maybe you might know! Have you ever see it ??? or did someone cut off the top and smooth it! All I seem to find is this bottle with a double collar and no shear top... Thnx Taz

Vt75122.jpg

Attachments

• Vt75122.jpg
    Vt75122.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 82

Monsonant

Reaction score
Taz , I am a Mineral Water Bottle collector :) , I dont collect minerals , at least not yet . I have seen those with a sheared top. I dont own one and I am sorry because I do not remember if the tops were ground . Dave A

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Thanx Dave! For the reply anyway.... Yes, I also collect mineral specimens as well as mineral "water botles".... For years I walked by the old cellar holes on the way to various mines... Now I am going back to see what was in those old holes hold! Happy digg'n.... Taz

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Jim, - 'Old Mines'?[8D], are you located up in the Paris area? Just curious. By the way, 'Sunshine4me' - Cindi, stopped by my yard sale this past weekend and showed me some of the bottles she's found by the river here in Westbrook and I think she's on to a good site![:)] She showed me an ink she found that looked an awful lot like a Pitkin, square, heavy cobalt, ribs etc., but the opening wasn't quite right. I'm going to get another look at it. I gave her a copy of the 3rd. edition of Polack's, it's a good guide as far as determining approx. age and style. I still have a basement full of 1900-1920 bottles from when I first started, wish I thought about a bottle guide back then.[&:]

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Morning Norm, I am in the Me. pegmatite belt... The largest aquamarine found in North America was found in a field here in my town of Stoneham in 1884 ...137.16 cts This and others likely from the same xtal are housed at the American Museum of Natural History. Up the road from me are numerous gem mines the " Harvard" ,"BB#7","Tamminen" just to name a few. With all the cellar holes and old mines around in my area what more could a digger want! [8D]

flagga

Reaction score
Hello Monsonant, I Have to tell you I would love to buy Your Flagg's Medicine Bottle,
I am from NH and my last name is Flagg, I have not come across a medicine with Flagg on it yet. I could not really tell you how much it is worth. I collect Medicines and have alot that do not have any price on them, but are worth somthing to a local NH collector.

Well if you do find out how much it is worth let me know I am very intrested
because of the name.

Thanks, Flagga

Monsonant

Reaction score
Flagga , I like the bottle a lot and I'm not planning on selling it . It went straight into my collection where it will stay for awhile ........ but sometimes I can be persuaded to trade . Send me a personal email and I'll send ya a list of what I look for and I'll put you on my "want List " because ya never know .... I may find another tommrow. Thanks Dave Anderson

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen