Dr. Kilmers Swamp Root

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slugplate

Reaction score
I know these bottles are relatively common but I had never dug one before. I dug it out of the ground at my secret farm dump yesterday. I cleaned it up and it looks like it just left the plant! Mint! I was so happy to find it in this condition since I've been probing the area for years. Lots of broken stuff, but some real keepers. My next "want" is a Warner's Safe Cure. Oh, BTW, I uncovered an iron pontil base, broken of course, just the base. I think I have finally figured out the lines they took to dump the older stuff... more to come.

Attachments

• IMG_1351.JPG
    IMG_1351.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 220

sandchip

Reaction score
Great example with above average embossing. Good going!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Congrats, I remember when I dug my 1st one a few years ago. Common but still cool to dig one. I also always wanted to dig a Warners Safe & Finally did about 5-6 years ago. Now I want to dig a Warners TipperCanoe? LEON.

Screwtop

Reaction score
Congrats, I remember when I dug my 1st one a few years ago. Common but still cool to dig one. I also always wanted to dig a Warners Safe & Finally did about 5-6 years ago. Now I want to dig a Warners TipperCanoe? LEON.

I'll take a Birmingham Coca Cola hutch.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'd love to dig a Coca Cola Hutch also but that is Highly unlikely living in Michigan. My Parents use to live in Alabama south east of Huntsville & always dreamed of digging one in a privy or dump there but never happened.
CokeHutchs5 - Copy.JPG

slugplate

Reaction score
I'd love to dig a Coca Cola Hutch also but that is Highly unlikely living in Michigan. My Parents use to live in Alabama south east of Huntsville & always dreamed of digging one in a privy or dump there but never happened.View attachment 193176
I don't think I'll find one around here, New Jersey. The hutches I found (2) were local. I found absolutely nothing outside of the 5 boroughs of NYC and some local stuff. Finding a Coke hutch around these parts would be a miraculous find. I wish you good luck and hope you find one.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi