Dr. Peter Fahrney preparation embossed typo?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I cant tell you how rare it is since I dont normally look at later bottles.
I know some of the Fahrney descendants are bidders on ebay, if you listed it there they would most likely see it. Cant guarantee they would want it.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
I have a clear glass bottle embossed on one side:

"THE RELIABLE OLD-TIME PREPARATION FOR HOME USE"

On the opposite side:

"PREPARED BY DR. PETER FAHRHEY [sic] & SONS CO. CHICAGO, ILL. U.S.A."

The bottom of the bottle has embossed in a circle "FAHRNEY CHICAGO", and in the center "70" and what looks like the International Glass logo.

Is the "FAHRHEY" typo a common thing or do I have an odd bottle? I'm assuming the bottle is post-1900 because it has a screw top, but the mold lines stop before the screw part.

Bz79206.jpg
. Well I found the post, after messaging you.... I was just looking thru my bottles and found this bottle, earlier than yours, but still...someone didn’t learn how to spell, between when my bottle was made, and your bottle! You would think they would be teased about the spelling, and never ever forget how to spell “Chicago”!? (That’s how I learned to spell- NOT! still working on that.... ) anyway, I didn’t put my creative spelling skills on an embossed bottle to show people 100 years later what an epic dumb a$$ they missed out on! I have seen this bottle actually spelled right, even. I know it went like this: “there goes that dumb a$$, Peter, again! And he calls himself a Dr?!” No wonder Dr’s write the way they do! Betcha he wishes it was in his writing... nobody would know! It hides a world of mistakes....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
I cant tell you how rare it is since I dont normally look at later bottles.
I know some of the Fahrney descendants are bidders on ebay, if you listed it there they would most likely see it. Cant guarantee they would want it.
They’d be like... “the family is still being teased about uncle dumb-a$$’es creative spelling skills! Changing my name....”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 74

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum