Dug a common bottle,not So common color.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Jim

Nice color on that one, Rickster. Good job on finding the dump, too. I've been working on my house since the weather got decent, but I need to get out and sling some dirt soon. I hear there's a nice guy around here who wants us to dig two pits at his place [8D] ~Jim

Jim I thought you dug those pits? What year do you think they are again?

Jim

Reaction score
Nope, no digginz yet. My house is 1890s, so the older pit might have some half decent stuff. I was thinking we'd dig the older one first, then decide if the newer one is worth bothering with. If nothing else, I might raid it for milk bottles. They're not high on my collecting list, but there are some tough early ones from out this way. They would be a cool piece of history for the house, too. ~Jim

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
DANG Rick! Your getting grey! "KILLER" odd color on that one.

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Nice Smart Weed- last Pierce's I saw on the bay that color brought $300+. One was a cough syrup that I never heard of and the others were Favorites or Goldens, can't recall which. They all (3 I think) brought good $ but the weird cough med was the highest, figuring nobody ever heard of it before.....Jack

rockbot

Reaction score
Citron flavored glass is alright by me![:D]

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Badger and I got out today to do a little diggin,SPRING HAS SPRUNG! I was out walking yesterday in a spot I have walked many times. There is a house that sits on a high rock cliff that dates 1804. We searched high and low in this area for bottles but only came up with old shards and newer whole bottles from shallow dump spots.
Yesterday I found a spot that seems to be an (older) dump from the old house.The dump sits right below a 15 foot high rock ledge. A perfect place to drop unwanted trash and bottles.I thought it would be a shallow spot like the other places we tried in this area but we dug 5 feet today and it keeps going. The first foot is new junk 20s 30s but below that the old layer hits. There has to be majorly old bottles some where in this area,will we find them? probably not,but we still keep tryin.
We didn't dig long today Dave had to go home and wash the dishes or something like that [8D]

Hopefully we will have some privy bottles to report soon,I just got permission to a big 1860 house. But i'm not going to count my chickens before they are dug [:D]

I seen them in this color, but all of the Pierce's I ever dug were aqua.

Citron Doctor Pierce Smart Weed NY.

C5AFED9F6D5E422CB3C7B0131EC545DC.jpg

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ILUV2DIG

DANG Rick! Your getting grey! "KILLER" odd color on that one.

What do you mean "getting" I have been white for a while. I am a Grand Father times 3 I have to match the name. "Grand Father Time Capsule" [8D]

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
Well im glad you are still digging them keepers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu